Friday, March 7, 2014
Saturday, March 1, 2014
Heel Turn Radio - Episode 9 - 'E' Turnatives
The Insecurity Blanket Podcast - Episode 9 - Turning The Page
Heel Turn Radio - Episode 8 - Better Than Bootista
Thursday, February 27, 2014
Antagonist Relations - Episode 2 - Prep
The Insecurity Blanket Podcast - Episode 8 - Honey Badgers Make Bank!
- I finished ‘Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children’ (Infinite *’s out of 5) by Ransom Riggs a few weeks back, but had forgotten to give it a proper pellet review.
- Chili, I think I’m really hungry for Chili again.
- A few weekends back 1st Group D&D got back together and it went ok. I was very worried after Bob’s exit, as I had to rework a LOT of things in the overall story. A lot. Surprisingly enough that part wasn’t the challenge. The real challenge was effectively herding the cats that is a 8 person group. It is hard to keep things moving, to make it fun for all the different play styles, and to have a story that integrates all there back stories and future directions. I tried an early Bulette encounter early on, a monster I have never used.
- Interviews are starting to accumulate for me, and I can feel it, change is on the horizon on the employment front.
- This last weekend was pretty awful. I had a serious series of seizures, try and say that fast five times, over three days. They really, REALLY put me on my heels. I get it to a degree it has been SUPER stressful of late around the job front, I’ve had a lingering cold, and Cassandra was in Urgent Care on Thurs., but the rapid fire shit storm I went through was monumental. I’m still pretty sore, but worse than that is watching Cassandra deal with it. So we are both on board now and committing to going at the very least Gluten light starting officially in March. I’ve already given up donuts and beer post last session of Apocalypse World (single tear). That’s right the elixir of the Gawds, Beer, is off my plate now. This is just the start though. We’ve been cutting down for a while, and now we are just solidifying those nutrition plans. That means pizza changes, cutting down and then cutting out bread, and so many other changes. It is a big change, like SUPER big. The hope is that doing a version of the Ketogenic Diet will help my brain not be such a mess, and if I lose some weight and get healthier in the meantime then that’s just a fantastic side effect. I’m honestly quite scared about it, well more scared about what happens if things continue the way they have been, but scared as well that I can’t hack it. I’ve never been good at dieting. I like to eat; well honestly I love to eat. This is a different beast though as I have a solid support system and I really have to do something. So by this Sat. I’ll be marching down the road of some new eating ‘life style’ choices. I hope I am up to the challenge. Wish me luck!
- A haircut is needed soon, but I don’t think I can ‘Rock The Hawk’ during interview, a quandary…
- I just finished reading ‘He, She, & It’ (Infinite *’s out of 5) by Marge Piercy.
- Our front yard looks like Hoth.
- Gamma World is on Saturday and I’m done with prep, and excited about the possibilities. It seems as if it’ll be a pretty female heavy group, which will be a drastic change from most games I get a chance to run.
- I might go in ‘halvsies’ on the WWE Network with Diamond Dave. I am still intrigued.
- Dick Valentine’s solo record ‘Destroy The Children’ (Infinite *’s out of 5) is simply amazing. I am a HUGE Electric Six shill, and had the front man’s solo album on my hard drive but hadn’t given it any time except for the title track which is simply and utterly fantastic.
- Cuddling is awesome…If you didn’t know…
- We watched the Nature Honey Badger special ‘Masters Of Mayhem’ (**** out of 5) on PBS, and it is true they truly do not give a F’. Watching an animal the size of a dog chase a lion is pretty damn impressive.
- I really need to watch Pacific Rim this weekend.
- We watched ‘The Hunger Games’ on Tuesday night. I’m refraining from talking about it, as in the near future I’m going to sit down with my Hunger Games Posse, Magic Mike & THE Kedrin, for a Podcast where we’ll discuss the books and the first two films. I don’t think I can really do the subject justice alone and quite frankly I want to go into full blown discussion mode with two people have strong opinions and even better minds. It’ll give me a chance to really dig back into something that I was shocked by how much I thoroughly enjoyed reading. If you can’t tell I am beyond excited to do this.
- Beer Cheese Soup, I want to have one more culinary affair with you!
I think that is all I really have to give….
“So what have we learned,
From this life they made us do?
I wasted all my time
On loving you,
They lined us up,
And paired off in twos,
Laughing that they pulled off,
This elaborate ruse,
You control the world,
When you control the news,
And we refuse to choose,
Leaving us no choice but to...
Destroy the children,
Before they are the masters,
Dressing in monkey suits,
And causing their own disasters,
Make sure they suffer dearly,
Because I don't suffer fools,
Unless I state this more clearly,
So what do we do,
When we live and we don't learn,
We throw our hearts in a fire,
And watch them burn,
They line us up,
To wait here for our turn,
For congrue with a taste,
We can discern,
You're never found guilty,
If courts never adjourn,
And let's use all of that money,
We never earn to...
Destroy the children,
Before they have the answer,
And replace the singer-songwriter with,
Make sure they learn their lesson,
Because it's clear they don't know,
With whom they are messing,
And before you cast me as the dunce,
I am well aware I was a child once,
With a destiny only ambition hunts,
All you gentlemen are such royal cunts,
Draw like mars,
To impossible stunts of love,
So what do we do,
When learned how to live,
We give back all of the advice,
We were too young to give,
Dress our love up,
With many an expletive,
And pouring all of our love,
Through a rusty sieve as we...
Destroy the children,
Before they destroy each other,
And imprison Lindsay Lohan,
Before she becomes a mother,
Like she's the virgin Mary,
Polluting our souls,
With Hollywood dysentery…”
* = This explains why this blog is so damn late...