Friday, February 11, 2011

For Those About To Learn WE SALUTE YOU!

It’s Friday.

X-MEN FIRST CLASS!

I was not excited for this after sitting through both X-Men 3 (* out of 5 stars) and X-Men Origins: Wolverine (** out of 5 Stars). I am however man enough to admit this looks fantastic. I’m very intrigued. After watching this teaser you will be too.

D&D GROUP!

So it’s looking like we might be into April now for our start, but that’s fine. It’ll give me some time to get the module tweaked, get people into their characters, and make that first game a real rush. I’ve been very driven by everyone’s enthusiasm and I’m dedicated to making this campaign even better than the last.

THE SHIRTS OF STEPHEN GILPIN aka BILLY THE SQUID!

So my shirts came in the mail the other day and they are AWESOME! Seriously if you like T-shirts, and lets face it if you read this crap you do, then do yourself a ‘solid’ and buy from Stephen. His art is incredible, his work top notch, and his prices more than competitive. GIVE BILLY THE SQUID YOUR CASH!

DWARF KINGS HOLD!

Still no hard details, pictures, or game play, BUT I’m still planning on trying to scrape together the cash to pick this up. I’m very interested, and the reality is Mantic makes great stuff. So if you dig on Dungeon Crawlers put this one on your radar.

FAFHRD & THE GREY MOUSER

I started book two. I have to say that as much as I love the brutish beauty of Howard, there is a playfulness and wry smirk to Fritz Leiber’s work. I’m thoroughly enjoying my returning vacation to Lankhmar.

RANDOM CRAP!

- D&D Board Game Photoshoppin’ with Ant, doin’ Taxes, and hangin’ with the In-Laws in “The Cloud” this weekend. I’m hoping to get one game of Castle Ravenloft in and hopefully Death Angel, I just don’t know if there will enough time…
- I’m betting we get a coup in Egypt in the next 30 days.
- I’m so glad that the media and society has no long term memory or attention span, because it seems the only folks who even care that the Packers won the Super Bowl are ‘Sconies.
- I still maintain that the best Ted Nugent song is Stranglehold.
- I’m getting ready to dig deep into the belly of the Hammer Films movie library. I’m not sure where to start exactly, but I have plenty to choose from.
- I’d love a big bowl of chili right now. In fact I’d punch a baby for it.
- Spider-Man is a member of the now Human Torchless Fantastic Four, now known as the Future Foundation. I don’t know how I feel about this. I know that I’m not huge on the black and white uniforms though. I guess I’ll give Jonathan Hickman the benefit of the doubt.
- Oh the guy in the T-Shirt picture above is John Brown. Read a history book.
- Wrath Of Ashardalon next week! YES!- I’m not normally a big Common Man Dan Cole fan, on KFAN for those that don’t know, but the Preposterous Statement Tourney is pure genius. He takes statements made throughout a year, that are nominated by the listeners, and they build a March Madness style bracket tourney out of it. The crap that people say is just fantastic. So if you dig talking heads talking out of their dumb asses then go check this out and fill out your bracket!
- The other day when we watched KU put beat down on Missouri the shirts the crowd at KU had were genius;
o Breath if you hate Missouri
o Kansas, keeping the world safe from Missouri

And with that I got crap to do…

“Here I come again now baby
like a dog in heat
Tell it's me by the clamor now baby
I like to tear up the street
And I been smokin for so long
ya know I'm here to stay
Got you in a stranglehold baby
you best get outta the way

The road I cruise is a bitch now baby
no you cant turn me 'round
And if a house gets in my way baby
ya know I'm burnin' it down
You ran the night that you left me
you put me in my place
I got you in a stranglehold baby
I'm gonna crush your face

Sometimes you wanna start higher
and sometimes you gotta start low
Some people think they gonna die someday
I got news ya never got to go

c`mon c`mon up
c`mon c`mon up
c`mon c`mon up
c`mon c`mon up

c`mon c`mon c`mon c`mon baby
c`mon c`mon c`mon c`mon up
c`mon c`mon c`mon c`mon baby
c`mon c`mon c`mon

The road I cruise is a bitch now
ya know ya can't turn me 'round
And if a house gets in my way
ya know I'm burnin' it down
You ran the night that you left me
you put me in my place
I got you in a stranglehold baby
I'm gonna crush your face”



* = This picture isn't just awesome, it's creepy.

No comments:

Post a Comment