Friday, August 26, 2011

In Like Flint Vs. The People Vs. Lary Flynt


* = I give unto you MATH(s)!

It’s been a good week and a bad week. It’s been good because I won a contest here on the vaunted Interweb(s) from the blog Tabletop Fix,

which really is one of my must read blogs every day. Out of it I’m picking up some sweet minis that will be a part of the secondary D&D Campaign, if it ever gets off the ground, which I’m beginning to have doubts about.

The bad is no Stallone-A-Thon due to a TON of cancellations today, all good, sound, and reasonable cancellations, but cancellations nonetheless. So instead I’m going to bask in the glory of my wife all weekend. I think a two-day vacation from friends and family might be sort of fun.

So normally I regale you with all sorts of stuff that I feel you should LEARN, today I’m going to instead give you a D&D D20 Chart I made for Random Mental Health/Brain Damage issues for Head Injuries;

Brain Injuries/Head Trauma (d20)

1) Fregoli Syndrome – The afflicted has no facial recognition, everyone looks the same. This leads to an inability to distinguish between gender, age, race, etc.

2) Erotomania – A ‘romantic’ fixation on someone of higher social standing with the belief that that person is in love with the afflicted. This love manifests itself in delusions.

3) Mirrored-Self Misidentification – The sufferer’s brain can no longer distinguish his or her own reflection as a reflection. All reflections appear to be a stranger.

4) Munchausen Syndrome - the sufferer feigns, exaggerates, or creates symptoms of illnesses in him or herself in order to gain attention, sympathy, and comfort from medical personnel. Munchausen sometimes goes to dangerous and extreme measures.

5) Somatoparaphrenia – The suffer cannot rectify that their own body parts are there own. This usually attacks one to two limbs (d2 to determine amount of limbs, reroll on the limb dice to determine affected limbs) and the sufferer is thinks that they are someone else’s. Some individuals will seek to amputate this limb.

6) Anosognosia – Someone who has an injury but is in severe denial of the injury. Most often found in stroke victims who are wheelchair bound but think they can walk. The sufferer will make up ridiculous reasons for their ‘choosing’ to remain seated.

7) Prosopagnosia – The sufferer has no facial recognition, everyone appears as an unknown stranger.

8) Visual Agnosia – The brain cannot rectify what it sees with its processing center. A piece of fruit might appear to be a horse, a person’s wife might appear to be a hat, or a glass might appear to be the moon.

9) Alien Hand Syndrome aka Dr. Strangelove Syndrome – The sufferer’s hand takes on a mind of it’s own, and does not respond to commands.

10) Diogenes Syndrome – The sufferer engages in extreme self-neglect.

11) Capgras Delusion – The sufferer believes that a close friend or loved one has been replaced by a doppleganger.

12) Echolalia – the uncontrollable and immediate repetition of words spoken by another person. This is often characterized by the imitation by a baby of the vocal sounds produced by others, occurring as a natural phase of childhood development.

13) Fregoli Delusion – The person holds a delusional belief that different people are in fact a single person who changes appearance or is in disguise.

14) Foreign Accent Syndrome - This syndrome causes someone to speak their native language as if they had a foreign accent.

15) Kleptomania – This a disorder that compels people to steal things, from paper clips to toilet rolls. Basically anything and everything, things with little or no value whatsoever. Some aren’t even aware that what they are doing is theft until later.

16) Cotard or Cotard’s Syndroma aka The Living Dead – This syndrome causes a sufferer to believe that he or she is dead, non-existent, is putrefying or has lost his/her blood or internal organs. Rarely, it can include delusions of immortality.

17) Trichotillomania - Is the urge to pull one’s hair out. Be it scalp hair, eyelashes, beard hair, nose hair, pubic hair, eyebrows or other body hair.

18) Apotemnophilia - Is quite disturbing: also known as Body Integrity Identity Disorder (BIID) or Amputee Identity Disorder is a mental disorder where a person experiences the overwhelming desire to amputate healthy limbs or other parts of their body. In extreme cases sufferers take it upon themselves to amputate their own limbs.

19) Micropsia – This is a condition in which a patient’s sense of time, space and body image are distorted. People may appear tiny or patients may feel that part of their body shape or size has been altered. A sufferer may perceive humans, parts of humans, animals, and inanimate objects as substantially smaller than in reality. Normal sized car may look like miniature models and your average size pet dog shrinks to the size of a mouse.

20) Androphobia – This is an abnormal and persistent fear of men, not to be confused with misandry, which is hate for men. Androphobia sufferers experience anxiety even though they know they know they may face no threat at all. Androphobia is one of infinite possible phobias, and as such can be traced back to a specific triggering event, usually a traumatic experience at an early age.

Not only are they all real, BUT damn are they interesting. The idea of anyone I play with role-playing any of these disorders could be fascinating. I’m digging Random Charts, and starting to accumulate and build them at an alarming rate. If the second group ever gets off the ground that’s where they’ll see a LOT of time, otherwise I’m just going to have to bring them to bear in the ‘Regular’ group.

RANDOM CRAP!

- I finally finished Swords And Ice Magic (*** ½ out of 5).

This is the first time I’ve been slightly disappointed in a Leiber book. It’s not that it isn’t good, but it begins to go down a path I’m just not as interested in. The Gray Mouser & Fahfrd have lost a slight amount of their luster, the encounters with maidens fair has become slightly repetitive, and the ending felt really rushed for the build up. Granted it’s still a damn fine read, and the little shocker of what Fahfrd has to give up was very well done. One more book left in the series, The Knight & Knave Of Swords. Now I just have to find it.
- Apparently there is a new Post Mortem up with Rob Zombie, I know what I’m watching when I get home.
- I’ve got a bit over an hour or so left and all I really want to do is go home, lie around, mess with the Terraclips

a bit, and sleep. I think that is all pretty much attainable.
- A hug that is what I need.
- I also finished digesting D&D 4E The Plane Above,

it’s causing me to really rethink how I want to use the Githyanki. This along with Zak S.’s take on them as a manifestation of the cover of Iron Maiden’s Powerslave album (Infinite *’s out of 5)

are really helping to refine my ideas for their inclusion in either of my current campaigns.
- Dave, I’ve been devouring that CD you gave me, and I have to say as loathe as I am to waiver in my feelings not about band selection but about distribution of tracks I might have been a tad to harsh. It’s a phenomenal disc.
- Oh and Graveyard STILL RULES YOU!


I’m done with this today…All of it…

“Tell me the legends of long ago
When the kings and queens would dance in the realm of the Black Rose
Play me the melodies I want to know
So I can teach my children, oh

Pray tell me the story of young C£ Chulainn
How his eyes were dark his expression sullen
And how he'd fight and always won
And how they cried when he was fallen

Oh tell me the story of the Queen of this land
And how her sons died at her own hand
And how fools obey commands
Oh tell me the legends of long ago

Where the mountains of Mourne come down to the sea
Will she no come back to me
Will she no come back to me

Oh Shenandoah I hear you calling
Far away you rolling river
Roll down the mountain side
On down on down go lassie go

Oh Tell me the legends of long ago
When the kings and queens would dance in the realms of the Black Rose
Play me the melodies so I might know
So I can tell my children, oh

My Roisin Dubh is my one and only true love
It was a joy that Joyce brought to me
While William Butler waits
And Oscar, he's going Wilde

Ah sure, Brendan where have you Behan?
Looking for a girl with green eyes
My dark Rosaleen is my only colleen
That Georgie knows Best

But Van is the man
Starvation once again
Drinking whiskey in the jar-o
Synge's Playboy of the Western World

As Shaw, Sean I was born and reared there
Where the Mountains of Mourne come down to the sea
Is such a long, long way from Tipperary”


* = See, SEE!

No comments:

Post a Comment