* = Never much of a problem for me, as I'm perpetually at about 6. Unless you count when I want to talk Nerdery. Or I've been drinking. Or I want to play a game. Or I want you to play a game. DAMMIT, I'm at a 10!
This is another one of those cases where I don’t have an awful lot to write about and am doing it more out of weekly practice than startling revelations. So in order to facilitate this ‘Mind Crime’ let’s not pretend and instead just drop some…
- The Podcast the other night was rock solid, and after listening to some of it, possibly better than the ‘Lost’ episode #19. Fraser Fraser is a fantastic guest, Dave was in full effect, and even with our lack of a format and prep work it came off without a hitch. I did notice that I was maniacally cackling throughout and I’m going to blame that on me crashing after a caffeine binge.
- Speaking of David, he’s blogging again. That’s two blogs in like a month.
- This Saturday Cassandra and I aren’t doing a DAMN thing and I really think it is going to be glorious. We need a bit of a break as we’ve had stuff going on non-stop for a few months. Friday night we’re playing Board Games at Zack Attack & Lady Christy’s and then Sunday is the Doctor Who group at Mick’s. Saturday though, that’s just for me and my lady.
- I have no interest in snow the next three days. I’m hoping my negative feelings affect the weather.
- I finished Charles Stross’ The Atrocity Archive (**** ½ out of 5) last weekend as well.
- Sometimes slow is good, and sometimes it is FRIGGIN’ annoying.
- There was the potential of me doing a write-up and review of last Friday’s 3rd Annual Blaxplotation Movie-A-Thon, but I won’t. I cannot do justice to the coolness of Action Jackson (*** ½ out of 5), the utter terribly insanity that was Dance Fu (-1*’s out of 5), and the wonder and the glory that was Black Dynamite (Infinite *’s out of 5!).
- My E-bay stuff sold thanks to Dave. I’m excited to have that cash and more importantly the room on the Board Game shelves.
- Last Saturday was D&D. I was miserable, over tired, and was strugglin’ to invest in the process of character creation I think it was because it was something that I have SO little control over. D&D has made me a control freak. I like running because I can dictate virtually everything, during this process I was at best a spectator and at worst a distraction. And let’s be honest it was the Zack show, and that is not a complaint. He was friggin’ amazing. In fact he wrote a blog about it that is FANTASTIC.
- We really need to glue those maps to those damn boards this weekend.
- I still haven’t received my two Bricks of Shattered Star. Alliance/Diamond distribution has conspired to keep what I’ve paid for from me. They have screwed up my order not once, but twice making the same mistake in both instances. Mike and Hot Comics, New Hope & Richfield locations (SHILL!),
- I’m making some bacon cheeseburger meatloaf tonight. That’s right I’m unstoppable.
- Dungeon Crawl Miniatures is getting ready to restart, for the third time, their Kickstarter. Let me start by saying I dig this small outfit. I’ve purchased their products and really dig them. I also pledged on the last two Kickstarters and pimped them heavily here and on Facebook. I believe in DCM. So to see the plan they’ve put in place this time really has me excited. They’ve dropped their initial goal, they’ll be starting their push with a miniature that EVERYONE wants, and seem to have really learned from their past hiccups. So take a gander at the initial goal here;
- I might try and catch some NFL Combine coverage this weekend; yes that is how desperate I am for football.
- Believe it or not, but I’ve got my WWE ’13 working again! I KNOW! I’ve been putting in the music this week, and I’m almost done. I have to re-work Ultra Mantis Black & Austin Aires entrances, but that’s basically it. I also need to spend some time making Diamond Dave Wheeler’s wrestling alter ego, Rictor. Being able to play matches again is just glorious. I had re-booted My Universe again so I’ve got the five shows and the ‘talent’ is all spread out in interesting ways. I had a WCW Nitro where the main event had Hollywood Hogan fighting Farooq. It erupted into a mess as the N.W.O. and the Nation Of Domination threw down! Over on ECW David has been in a feud with Tensai who he bested but then punched him in his junk. Last but not least I had a CRAZY three-way match on my Indy show between Eddie Kingston, El Generico, and Jake Swagger.
- I was frighteningly productive last night and it felt sorta good.
You know I think that’s all I got in me today…
“Unlike the devil,
I've never seen the face of god,
Sweet Mr. Jesus,
Infected on my skin,
Demons surround you,
I'm crawling on the ground,
Shame for another,
Another taste of life
It's alive, oh everybody
It's alive, oh the creepers call me
Dead parts surround you,
Draw me forever black,
My creature core is,
Is crawlin’ on the ground,
Unholy wall of sound,
Say that you love it
Don't make me turn it down
Born to kill,
Black, blue, and bloody fingers
Hong Kong hell,
Been time to face this wheel,
Now filthy smooth,
I'll tell the pussy cats,
Gonna blow it all away”