* = I was going to write about this and 'Barry's speech last night, but then I remembered that this stuff gets me so made and irritated because of the lying, disingenuous nature of these ‘people’, and the fact that they care so little about us that I’m not going to waste my venom and vitriol for these fools. I’ll save it for more important things that I still believe in or care about.
So Monday Night we hammered out a fantastic Podcast with Jessi. We chatted about Dave’s ‘Internet Stalker’, porn and its many uses, Ancestors, RapeDoor (It’s a band, and I didn’t name it), & The Jelly Project, the amazingness that is The Thrilling Adventure Hour, we SHILLED(!) Jessi’s photography business Evil i Studios our friends at the Delicate Sauce Podcast and of course ‘Diamond’ Dave Wheeler and Mindblow Studios, Dave talked about how he isn’t sharing his heartache with friends anymore, I discussed Saturday’s Munchkin Game Day, and Dave gave us some ‘Drumsterbation’. I know I’m forgetting some stuff, but it was a great Podcast, it was ’Careers In Evil Podcast #19 - For Our Ears ONLY!’, and it didn’t get recorded. Yup. It didn’t record, so you will never get to hear it. It is our ‘lost’ episode. It was really fun to do, and I hope Jessi comes on again soon, but it’s a bummer that I’ll never get to hear it. The only consolation is that neither will you.
But I’m a dick that way, and if you read this blog regularly you knew that already. Your only consolation folks who feel wronged is that my renewed love affair with Wendy’s is over. Monday I partook again of the Baconator and was still smitten.
I don’t have a ton to talk as I’m lazy and really tired, but since I try to make sure I get one of these in a week, I give unto you…
- We got another ‘We Be Goblins’ preview last week.
- Tomorrow is Valentine’s Day. I’ve already gotten and given my lovely wife most of her gifts and she has reciprocated. I’m not a big Valentine’s Day fan, but I get it. It’s a day to show appreciation for those you care about. Sure it’s a ‘Hallmark Holiday’ and all that jazz, but it means a lot to people and there is never an excuse to not show your love and affection. So I to do without complaint and I endeavor to give the one I adore things she wants as well as making sure she and everyone in her general vicinity that she is loved.
- I’ve got to cut my massive hair helmet soon. I’m thinkin’ of ‘Rockin’ The ‘Hawk’ for Movie-A-Thon!
- While at home I finished CHIKARA’s King Of Trios 2008, and Team Mexico won. I was beyond disappointed, and that sandbaggin’ S.O.B., El Pantera got his hand raised. This was by far the worst King Of Trios I’ve watched. There were so many other teams that deserved the win. I don’t understand what the fascination was with Lince Dorado at the time, but I’m glad it ended. Dude did nothing for me in any of his matches. Bizarre to see some WWE style booking in a CHIKARA event. I’m now on to King Of Trios 2010 and I’m digging it. This was the B.D.K. at the height of its powers, so I know what I’m getting into. Already though I’m rooting for Team Big Japan because Daisuke Sekimoto is a FRIGGIN’ BEAST!
- DCM is going to be doing a Kickstarter again in March, hoping that the third time is the charm. I’m a fan of this small company. I think they put out decent miniatures at a good price. I pledged to both of the last two Kickstarters and will be doing the same here. It appears that they’ve re-thought their strategy, goals, and incentives. I have my fingers and wallet crossed that it works out this time.
- D&D Group 2 meets for the first time on Saturday. It is simply a get together to get PC’s created, build some group camaraderie, and for me to layout some of the Campaign ideas. I’m seriously thinking of going ‘West Marches’ styles. I need to decide soon or maybe I’ll just lay it at the feet of the PC’s? Something to ponder.
- Next week I hope to get back to painting. Lord knows I need to get more done.
- Remember how I didn’t care much for the Temple Of Elemental Evil novelization? Well I can’t say the same thing about Ru Emerson’s ‘Against The Giants’ (*** ½ out of 5) novelization.
- Lasagna tomorrow, I’m going to DESTROY it!
- The two ‘Brick’ order I put in with Hot Comics, Richfield & New Hope locations (SHILL!), didn’t come. Apparently Alliance or Diamond messed it up. I’m hoping that stuff arrives by Friday. I’d be lying if I told you I wasn’t disappointed.
- David helped me put up two E-bay auctions for D&D stuff that I’m no longer using; Lot 1 & Lot 2. I’m hoping that they sell and I can then take the cash and use some of it on miniatures, save some of the rest, and maybe track a copy of Samurai Swords down with the rest.
Crap, I wrote a lot more than I ever intended to. I think that’s all I got…
“I close my eyes
As Fire Swept Clean the Earth
Nothing left to strangle
As the cords were torn from our hearts
"Tired I blew out my last warning, the claws were ripping me apart"
As we emerged
From darker dungeons
Splendor of yellow hells
Expanded swollen eyes
No words were said
As Fire Swept Clean the Earth
Would the mothers be crying?
If they saw torches in our hands?
"The wind, once able to conquer, captured As Fire Swept Clean the Earth"
A kiss was placed
Upon my cheek
And all color came back
Melting in solid blue tune”