And now back to our regularly scheduled programming…
I’m not sure how I’d like to attack the Blog today after the last few days, so I decided to go back to the old reliable a heaping dose of…
- It was another week so we were knee deep in the throes of another Skull & Shackles Preview!
- If it doesn’t rain tonight I’m going to enjoy a nice fire. My father-in-law hooked us up with a serious pile of wood. So much so I wish I had a chainsaw to trim some of it down to a more manageable size. Either way it’s going to get burned up in the company of folks who I enjoy. And if not it sounds like we’ll have a chill board game night.
- Speaking of miniatures it looks as if my Reaper Bones Kickstarter won’t be here until maybe June or July. They are dealing with getting all the items off the slow boat from China for those of us who took a lot of the add-ons. I took a boatload of them of course. I could lie and say I’m not slightly miffed, but I won’t. I can’t be too upset though since it was such an insane deal, and I’ve contributed to other Kickstarters that had far less logistical challenges and yet have struggled just as mightily, I’m looking at you ‘Storm The Castle’. Either way I’m excited about everything I’ve pledged my hard earned scratch to and can’t wait to get that bountiful box this summer.
- Last night was the 2nd brainstorming session for the 3rd D&D Group, aka Evil Underdark Conquistadors! It was really cool to meet some of the players for the first time, brainstorm some crazy evil PC’s, and just generally nerd out. It was so much fun that I lost my voice, I’m hoping it comes back before tomorrow. The reality is the 3rd Group has the potential to be a powder keg of awesome sauce.
- The other day I finally finished reading Richard Lee Byers’ ‘Year Of Rogue Dragons’ (**** out of 5) trilogy.
- Holy crap that’s El Generico with no mask, color me intrigued.
- The Deadzone Kickstarter is almost to half a million dollars. While we wait for it to end and eventually for our stuff to arrive I picked up some Cultists and some Mantic Zombie Troopers that Mike and assembled. It was a fun time even though ‘The Mighty One’ had a sinus infection. I’ve also got back to gluing what I had left to get done with my forces. I think we’re going to use the Deadzone Alpha Rules to get in some games in the very near future. I really look forward to Mighty Mike and I spending the summer trying to kill one another with tiny plastic ‘men’.
- On a side note, thank you to Cassandra, Mick, Lady Christy, Fraser Fraser, Joe, ‘Mighty’ Mike and anyone else who took time out of their lives to just be really cool about this ‘thing’. I am humbled by your comments. I will endeavor to try and live up to that.
- Diamond Dave Wheeler, I can’t wait for you to get back in a few weeks. The potential of an every two weeks Smackdown on WWE ’13 between you, Mike, myself, and anyone else who wants in sounds incredible.
- Last Saturday Cassandra and I watched movies as I tried to knock the pain and swelling out of my right knee, which worked wonders by the by. First up was Snow White & The Huntsman (** ½ out of 5).
- Cassandra then went to the store and left me with the challenge of digesting D&D 3: The Book Of Vile Darkness (*** out of 5).
- Saturday is the 1st D&D Group getting back on track after last month. With all the chaos going in my personal life my outlet has been thinking about running D&D. I think I have a dozy of an idea for Saturday that made me rework some of my original ideas. I’m going to push the envelope a bit, hopefully give the PC’s some “ohh ahh” moments, and just have a rippin’ good time.
- Last night I finished re-watching Season 4.1 of The Venture Brothers. How do I live without new episodes of that show?
I think that’s all I got…
"Curse with me
Profane and discreet
Make her move
Cross veins and chamomile
Soft and sweet
In crowskin overcoat
Save your breath
This may be the last
There is no novelty here on the earth
Forever threadbare and faded
Drunken and arcane...
Curse the day
There's rotgutted whiskey in ladies
For to ease the pain...
Or drown away
You've crushed all the bones and the cradles
All along the way...
Along the way"