Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Willard Vs. 9 To 5

I'm not sure I have whole lot to talk about this week.  It is the normal slog.  I had a decent weekend, beyond the two massive seizures in the car Saturday night.  We saw the Pete Huge retirement show for MIW which was bittersweet.  We'll talk about that more on this week's Heel Turn Radio episodes.  Thursday I was contacted about interviewing for a position elsewhere.  I didn't seek these folks out, they sought me out.  That makes me nervous for some reason.  That interview is tomorrow.  I'm not sure how it'll go, but I'm cautiously optimistic.  It is odd to think about going from somewhere that I am uncomfortably comfortable if that makes any sense.

I think it is a good thing to be wanted.  I know I'm not wanted where I am.  I had someone nominate me for Employee Of The Month, but wasn't even listed in the 'got votes' section.  That's the thing about where I serve my 40 hour sentence per week even the carrots they dangle are ONLY for those that are good little lap dogs.  I am not in that category.  Far from it in fact.  Not even having your hard work be recognized because you won't play 'the game' is more than a little disheartening.  Seeing others get recognized for their mediocrity, and not all of the nominees are mediocre but a lot are, is soul crushing.  It makes me not want to do anything.  Ever.

Seeing folks get credit for my work is just mind boggling.  The person who won, deservedly for their work ethic, was nominated for doing things that would NOT have been completed if I hadn't done the actual work.  It would drive me crazy if I still bothered to care.  That is the thing.  I just don't even care.  I am worried that this apathy will carry over into my interview.  I am slightly concerned that I am entirely burnt out on this industry because it seems to be populated by folks like I the one's who rubber stamp my paycheck.

On a more positive side note, we might be having some guests on Heel Turn Radio soon. 
I am more than a little nervous about the idea of having more people I admire on the show.  I don't want to be too much of a 'Smark', fan boy, or whatever.  At the same time I am not a professional interviewer.  The Podcast(s) work because they are informal, fun, and there are no limits or expectations placed upon them.  Maybe I'll just have to have the guests over for grilled food before we start the show.  Cooking for people, especially grilling for them, usually builds a nice bridge and makes folks more relaxed. 

We solicited feedback for the Shuffle Sounds - Podcast and I thought received some interesting responses.  I'm not sure how well they played out in the last episode.  It is always interesting to do anything creatively where you put something out there you enjoy and then have to listen to it be critiqued.  I thought the first 20 to 30 minutes of the show really had that feel.  After that we settled into our normal flow and fun.  I am thinking maybe having that first 30 minutes of just joking and goofing around is a nice warm up and lets us get into it.  I think it also reminds us each why it doesn't matter if we like each other's albums or not we are all Friends.  Jumping right into criticism, like it or not, can feel a bit contentious.  That's just my opinion, we'll see how the next episode plays out.

Wow, that was more babbling than I thought I had in me.  Let's knock out some...

RANDOM CRAP!

- The irony of Ryback 'being sent home' after all his terrible attempts at trolling CM Punk for walking out is HI-larious.  What a shit bag.

- Harwood Hobbies is having a 20% off sale until May 17th! 
I literally can't say enough good things about Wally's work or company.  The quality of sculpts are fantastic, the price is right, they are easy to assemble, a joy to paint, and the customer service is by a gamer for gamers!  So if you are in need of some wonderful minis with a TON of character for a great price, go, use the discount, and buy from Harwood Hobbies!

- I started watching Ultra Q on Shout Factory TV's streaming service for free.  It is gloriously weird and wonderful.

- Mowing on Monday was murderous.  I was still recovering from Saturday's seizures, which were pretty brutal, had worked almost 9 hours, spent another hour plus in the car, and was just physically in a shit place.  My legs just quit working, my lower back tightened up, and I just couldn't push through.  It was awful.  Luckily, The Beard helped out and only wanted grilled meat in payment.  Thank you James, you are a saint.

- Watching old The Chris Gethard Show episodes on YouTube is good for you.  FACT!

- I picked up a new mask for Full House Wrestling since my main character, Monsuta, turned heel. 
It is TERRIFYING!  I might still go with the other mask on occasion, robe and Young Bucks inspired arm bands included, as I feel it is still pretty damn menacing (Thanks Mom2!).  However I saw this, it was on the cheap, and it blew me away.  It looks truly menacing and that is what I'm shooting for.  A menacing 'Monster Heel'.  I think this mask will set a great tone for that.  Now I just need to figure out my hair cut 'situation' both for the up coming nuptials of Zack Attack and Lady Christy, as well as potential new employment opportunities.  Should I rock the 'hawk' and just go full on shaved head.  I think either would look magnificent in this mask.

-   I need this day to just end.

- Saturday night after the Pete Huge show the L.E.W.G.I. crew in attendance, 'ELITE', had to deal with a drunk idiot in the Perkins lobby. 
I missed his true obnoxiousness in the parking lot, which would not have ended well for him.  Instead I got the treat of his utter flabbergasted nature that we all were Friends who love pro wrestling.  I didn't realize how drunk he was until he began rambling and in the end launched into his high school sports exploits.  I was nice as it was obviously a guy growing through some 'shit'.  He came off as being one step away from emptying his savings account to buy a mid-life crisis mobile.  Luckily when we got seated he was far away from us because he was the butt of 75% of our jokes.  Late 40's, drunk, and obnoxious in Perkins is no way to live your life dude.

- It sounds like we are going to start putting the Podcasts on iTunes soon.  I know this is a long time coming.

- The Parkway Theater is having a Luchador Film Festival tomorrow night for Cinco De Mayo! 
I am not going for multiple reasons, one of which is it is a Thursday night and my ass has to work Friday.  If I had known about it earlier I would have took the day off.  The Parkway always has super swinging awesome free shows.  THE Earl does a great job of giving the masses what they want and making it fun.  I am jealous to all who are going to make it out for the show!  Hopefully he does it again soon.












Well that's all I got.  I suppose I should get back to being surly.

No comments:

Post a Comment