Thursday, November 19, 2009

Prince Of Space Vs. Manhunter

Let me get a couple things straight for everyone, simply because lately I’ve had to explain this via e-mail to a few parties; some have taken it well, others have & will not. When you send me a political forward via the e-mail, especially one I find fundamental fault with, you are opening a can of worms. It’s not even a matter of whether or not I agree with you or the message contained in the forward, it’s just the idea that your taking some message that some other person thought up, attached some clip art or photos to and are inundating me with it. Trying to make me follow. Newsflash, I’m not, have never been, nor will ever become a follower. I like having my own ideas, opinions, and most of all voice. See, I’m that guy who keeps most of his politics and views close to the vest, mainly because, just like religion, I personally believe that it’s a private matter. In fact, for the most part, I don’t trust nor like people who wear their personal beliefs on their collective sleeves or want to martyr themselves on the cross of public opinion. On top of all of this, I’m a moderate. I generally do fall in the middle of both lunatic fringes. I save my ‘voice’ for those that I trust, like to debate with, or who have the capacity to carry on that type of conversation. It’s the right subject at the right time, and sending me something like this via e-mail is neither.

I have a theory that currently there is a shift in the paradigm of our country where those that shout the loudest get lauded as leaders of their ‘movements’. I think this is fundamentally incorrect. Just because I don’t go on the radio, put up billboards, protest, actively campaign, or perpetuate e-mail forwards doesn’t mean I’m not rote on the subject, NOR does it mean I don’t care. It just means if you want my opinion your going to have to ask for it, you’re going to have to take a seat at the ‘big boy’ table and have that conversation face to face. I’m not going to volunteer it over the ‘web via a forward that will perpetuate something with my name attached. And I’m going to try very hard not to get involved in an interweb(s) pissing match over it as well. I do that enough here in a blog. Don’t take this as an insult either. It’s not meant that way. This is my way of saying; I respect you enough not to subject you to my sprawling diatribes without provocation, and all I’m asking is the same courtesy. So in summation, save your bandwidth, your breath, and me getting all, well ‘me’ on you and just refrain from those types of e-mails. I would and do appreciate it.

On to happier and far more interesting subjects…

So I’m six episodes deep into Fringe (reserving *’s until I finish the season). I’ll give ‘em this, they know how to hook me in. It is not a dull show, not in the least bit. I’m starting to dig all the characters, the mystery is deepening, and it’s a show that’s getting harder and harder to only watch one episode at a time. As I said before all I’ve heard is that the show gets better and better as it goes along, so my expectations are getting higher and higher.

I’m also following the 2nd Season of Legend Of The Seeker, and it’s been even better than the first season; it’s a bit darker, nastier more monstrous enemies, Richard’s been put in some very tough moral situations, and again hot chicks in red leather never hurts. Again, this isn’t the high point of the fantasy genre, nor of television, but it’s well done, and has legs. So if you want a dose of fantasy entertainment and can’t hold out until HBO’s Game Of Thrones starts this is a nice way to stay hungry.

No Dave, not hungry like the wolf…

However it could be hungry like

RANDOM CRAP!

- I’m vowing to get off my keister this weekend and try to get caught up on some comic reading, Blackest Night in particular. I’m actually pretty excited to sit down and try to wrap my head around the evil space zombie goodness that Geoff Johns and company of let loose across the collective DCU.
- Oh and Batman & Robin #6 came out and if it’s even close to the first five issues in terms of pure joy then I can’t wait to be immersed in Grant Morrison’s madness…
- WAVES. OF. MERCURY. Bask in it.
- Turkey on Saturday, and I for one can’t wait.
- DDI released a new character class yesterday, The Monk, and if I were to be playing D&D rather than running it, I’d be dying to play a Monk. A Damphyr monk. Just a cool class that is already making me forget my overwhelming desire to play a Githzerai Psion.
- I’m not really sure what Avatar is really about, but I’ll be damned if it isn’t pretty looking.
- Vikings Vs. Seahawks Sunday. I’m wondering if T.J. Whosyourmama is now regretting spurning the Vikings to go play with Matt Hassleback and cash fat checks? I’m guessing not as much as when they miss the playoffs.
- I had forgotten just how funny the episode of South Park with the “Dog Whisperer” is (entitled "Tsst!"); I laughed really hard last night.
- If you have some free time tonight watch The League. If for nothing else than quotes like this; “My lap feels like two pounds of pudding…”

I think that’s all I have in the tank today…

“You'll take my life but I'll take yours too
You'll fire your musket but I'll run you through
So when you're waiting for the next attack
You'd better stand there's no turning back

The bugle sounds as the charge begins
But on this battlefield no one wins
The smell of acrid smoke and horses breath
As you plunge into a certain death

The horse he sweats with fear we break to run
The mighty roar of the Russian guns
And as we race towards the human wall
The screams of pain as my comrades fall

We hurdle bodies that lay on the ground
And as the Russians fire another round
We get so near yet so far away
We won't live to fight another day

We get so close near enough to fight
When a Russian gets me in his sights
He pulls the trigger and I feel the blow
A burst of rounds takes my horse below

And as I lay there gazing at the sky
My body's numb and my throat is dry
And as I lay forgotten and alone
Without a tear I draw my parting groan”

No comments:

Post a Comment