Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The Fog Vs. Assault On Precinct 13


* = Hank Venture doesn't WANT to shoot you, BUT he will, IF YOU MAKE HIM!

If I haven’t mentioned it before Heidi has taken her BRILLIANT cartoon to a new site, so CHECK IT OUT: www.bluntcakes.com

Last night with the Living Room still in a pile I had to resort to using the computer for my entertainment. First on the agenda was to watch the second episode of Eastbound & Down. If it was Danny McBride & Jody Hill’s intention to make Kenny Powers completely unlikable and simultaneously hilarious, then gentlemen; MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! We had the return of Stevie, prostitution, “I Am A Real American”, gunplay, & a special player/coach moment. Just when I think this show has hit a slight bit of a lull, they strangle me with funny.

Sadly though this was merely the warm-up act. The main event was the fourth episode of the new season of The Venture Brothers, “Everybody Comes To Hank’s”. I don’t think I can really put into words just how amazing this episode was. The boys were separated for the summer as Dean went to New York to intern for Dr. Richard Impossible, which from what I’ve read is what will be the subject of next weekends episode, while Hank had to get a job. Well Hank did get a job, working for himself. In a bit of logic that only works for Hank Venture he started his on businesses. This gag was good, but the episode doesn’t really take off till he dons the Detective Hat, oh and the Detective Whip. That’s right The Detective’s Whip. So anyway it boils down to trying to figure out just WHO is Dermot’s real father, is it Brock Samson as his mother claims or is it someone else? Oh and Hank finds his confidence beneath the Hat, as well as more information than anyone should ever know. We finally meet Dermot’s sister, which is pretty funny in itself. I can’t go into any further detail without destroying the AWESOME! Suffice to say as much as I love this show and laud every episode, THIS episode was truly a high point, simply spectacular.

Last night as I was pushing through The Vampire Wars, 2/3rds done now, I was listening to some of the Monday Night Football game, New England @ Miami. So it was 7 to 6 Miami at the half. About that time I was ready to turn in for the night and put in Cinematic Titanic’s “The Oozing Skull” (**** out of 5) to enjoy as I drifted off to the Dreamlands. BUT my curiosity got the better of me and I felt the compulsion to check the score. It was then 7 to 31 New England; only about 20 minutes had passed. It was CRAZY! The Patriots had run back the second half kick-off, 100 yards no less, for a TD, and then blocked two punts. I was shocked and more than a bit happy as this week in the Star Tribune Football Pick ‘Em board I moved up into the 92% both locally and nationally. It’s taken some time to get there, but I feel like I’m finally back in my football picks.

How ‘bout some

RANDOM CRAP!

- Thanks to Heidi as the only one who answered my blog yesterday. I’m not saying the rest of you are bad people, but you ARE!
- As soon as the living room is back in order, hopefully today, I’m going to sit down and get down to painting a CRAP TON of Skeletons. I have a bunch of Skellie minis and they are easy to do in quick succession. I also look forward to painting up the three Carrion Crawlers as well. Those really are one of my favorite D&D beasties. I have a HUGE one in the mini bin that I’ve never used. I’m thinking I’d like to do a Lovecraftian thing with it in a low level adventure. Maybe cultists feeding this enormous beastie the dead they’ve sacrificed, have them refer to it as something ominous like the Dread Consumer Of All Flesh or some other such nonsense. Who knows? But just look how COOL he looks;

- I still desire to consume wings at Al Bakers.

I had no intention to actually write this much, I just wanted to gush about the last episode of The Venture Brothers. Well back at it I suppose…

“Slaves!
Hebrews born to serve, to the pharaoh
Heed!
To his every word, live in fear
Faith!
Of the unknown one, the deliverer
Wait!
Something must be done, four hundred years
So let it be written
So let it be done
I'm sent here by the chosen one
So let it be written
So let it be done
To kill the first born pharaoh son
I'm creeping death

Now!
Let my people go, land of Goshen
Go!
I will be with thee, bush of fire
Blood!
Running red and strong, down the nil
Plague!
Darkness three days long, hail to fire
So let it be written
So let it be done
I'm sent here by the chosen one
So let it be written
So let it be done
To kill the first born pharaoh son
I'm creeping death
Die by my hand
I creep across the land
Killing first born man
Die by my hand
I creep across the land
Killing first born man

I!
Rule the midnight air the destroyer
Born!
I shall soon be there, deadly mass
I!
Creep the steps and flood final darkness
Blood!
Lambs blood painted door, I shall pass

So let it be written
So let it be done
I'm sent here by the chosen one
So let it be written
So let it be done
To kill the first born pharaoh son
I'm creeping death”




* = With the change in the weather I'd like my imagination to take me HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment