Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Bound Vs. Out Of Africa


* = TESTIFY!

It’s that time of year again, time to review the 2nd Season of The League (***** out of 5). For those that don’t know this is what you get from one of the funniest shows in recent memory…

SEE WHAT I’M TALKIN’ ‘BOUT? The beginning of the season wasn’t as solid as the 1st season, it seemed to take two to three episodes for it to hit it’s stride, but once it did, OH what a stride it hit. We saw the return of Vaginal Hubris, more of Ellie being a disturbing little child, some Mr. McGibblets, Adult Vs. Child Halloween, the Toilet Caddy, Shiva, Ruxin crying during sex, Kevin’s “beautiful penis”, Taco’s toilet seat addiction, & on & on & on. In addition there was the introduction to Raffi. Raffi might be one of the most disturbing and yet pee your pants funny characters on television. I don’t know how I can cringe, laugh, and want to punch a fictional character in the face all at one time. The best part about the show is it never takes you were you think or necessarily want it to go. In fact it takes great joy in reminding you that all the characters can be complete bastards and they are simultaneously highly entertaining.

For the one to two of you who read this drivel regularly you’re well aware that I’m slowly but surely working my way back through all my episodes, which is all of them, of the greatest television show in the history of everything, Mystery Science Theatre 3000. Well I hit a bit of a roadblock here of late, a roadblock of Coleman Francis, a roadblock called Skydivers

WOW! This movie is unbearable slow, has HUGE portions with no dialogue, and without Mike and the Bots it would be unwatchable. I’m serious, it is dreary, melodramatic, no story havin’ slop.

Last night we sat down and watched Ricky Gervais: Out Of England 2 (**** out of 5). I’m not ashamed to admit, Ricky Gervais is the HI-larious. He’s crass, unapologetic, mean spirited, and British it’s the perfect cocktail of brilliance.

Cassandra and I loved his last HBO special and I never miss the Ricky Gervais Show, which is an animated version of his podcast. So I was a bit surprised when he pulled a Dylan and busted out a hardcore rape joke. The difference is he saw how the audience related to the joke, telling him it just wasn’t funny, and he moved on. He tested those waters found them uninviting and moved on. I can respect that, even if I just don’t find rape funny, at all. Anywho, the bit with the Noah’s Ark book was one of the funniest things I can remember watching on a comedy special. So if you love the obnoxious, but now surprisingly svelte Mr. Gervais seek this out.

Now…

RANDOM CRAP!

- I feel like crap after shoveling my behind off yesterday. I’m just sore and tired. That driveway is friggin’ HUGE. The next time it snows it’ll be to damn soon.
- I’m still hungry for Banana Bread, but that ain’t happenin’ till next year.
- Every once in awhile you do something simple for someone else, maybe just give them your time and attention and it is able to make their day. When you do enjoy that, be proud of it, and don’t forget that it’s that easy to just be a human being.
- I should really do some reading or some gluing tonight. One or the other.
- Last night my uncle relayed to me how stores are a racket and that if you have $200 and are “people that knows people” you can get a 60-inch TV easy. Now understand I’ve translated this into terms a normal person can understand and adjusted the language to make it a bit more friendly, but this is just how Uncle Beer rolls. Sometimes I wish I lived in this world, then I remember that meth heads don’t give warranties & are sales are final.
- I’m hungry for lunch and dinner already and have no idea what I would want to eat.

And I’m out…

“When two guys have had sex with the same girl, they’re Eskimo brothers. You have to know what your Eskimo family tree is. It’s how you get things done.”


* = This is just B.A.!

No comments:

Post a Comment