Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Snow Dogs Vs. White Christmas


* = WHEN WILL IT END?!

Remember all those times I complained about the lack of snowfall, or gave one of those “…this isn’t that bad, one time in Superior…” speeches. Well I’m eating my words. It’s as if the skies had been saving up just for the month of December 2010. Last night was another spectacular, or should I say ‘craptacular’, sojourn home in the middle of a mini-blizzard. Two plus hours later we finally got home only to watch the magic of Baby Cheezus get squished thanks to the human turnstile that is Bryant “I’m A FAT LOAD” McKinnie. Seriously, I thought Berrian was stealing all season, but at least he’s not a walking pile of excrement that has been stealing his entire career. And although I did get a sweet ass present from Dave & Liz, thank you both by the by, it didn’t help make the night any less of a steaming turd.

I know I’m not easy to get along with. It’s the reality of life. I do however know that sometimes I can be right. I do not care to be corrected, ‘helped’, or however it gets labeled repetitively. It irks me, then I get agitated, then I get sullen, and I HATE being sullen. The other part about it is once I’m done with it, I’m done. I don’t want to talk about it, and I especially don’t want to try and cite specific quotes. My brain doesn’t work that way, and to ask me to do that is unfair in my estimation.

Now that I’ve mentally jumped through that hoop, let me get across that I’m not upset with anyone. I need processing time, and once I part and parcel it out I’m done with it. This is me, being done with that.

Anywho…

I’ve been getting ready for the spring and here’s what I’ve got right now;

BASEMENT SCI-FI SKIRMISH WAR LEXICON

Empire of Albion – The Empire is made up of 4 systems and a total of 59 settled planets, & ruled by the most Benevolent King Jon the V. The Empire of Albion has been able to subjugate its galactic region through diplomatic, military, & financial means. The Empire espouses a generally ‘friendly’ attitude towards non-humans, although the Principality of Thule is decidedly xenophobic, and even uses them in their military. Non-humans do not receive normal military rank; instead all titles are prefaced with the term Conscript, and example would be Conscript Sergeant. This has led to the Empire being relatively peaceful internally.

Principality Of Thule – The Principality is made up of 18 settled planets. Although ruled by the Royal House of Albion the Principality of Thule stands as one of the mightiest military arms of the Empire of Albion. Genetically engineering disciplined and ruthless Storm Troopers. While the Thule doctrine of genetic purity isn’t the rule of thumb of the Empire as a whole it has found a foothold in their system, leading to a small, but loud contingent calling for secession.

‘Hadrian’s Wall’ – At the edge of ‘settled space’ there is the remnants of the climactic battle between the Espay Principality & Empire of Albion. Over 10,000 ships were obliterated as the Albion Navy decisively defeated the forces of Espay, forcing them to bend to the will of Albion. Espay became the Espay Protectorate under the benevolent rule of King Jon. The wreckage of these ships formed a small gravity well bringing in additional bodies of ‘junk’ as well as floating debris. This formed a large ‘wall’, a first barrier against the enemies of the Empire.

Espay Protectorate – The Protectorate is made up of 20 settled planets. Now a protectorate of the Empire of Albion upon their defeat at the Naval Battle of Plymouth Lanes, a series of Hyperspace Jump Points. Baroness Isabella the IX currently governs the Protectorate. The Espay are known for their Naval skills as well as their industrious arms producers. With their defeat the Espay have became the Naval arm of the Empire of Albion and have enjoyed fiscal prosperity, but the ruling class have chaffed under King Jon’s rule due to the emergence of strong Guilds. The Guilds have now amassed enough wealth to challenge most Royals both behind closed doors, but also openly. This change in the ruling class structure has made the Espay Protectorate slightly politically unstable.

Lions Of Albion – The elite of Albion’s military forces.

Roanoke Outpost – On the edge of the Empire of Albion on the small Settler’s World of Roanoke a distress call has been ringing out. Someone or something eliminated the settlers.

It’s a work in progress just like the crap ton of miniatures that I’m gluing right now. I’m curious as to what the others involved think.

How ‘bout some

RANDOM CRAP!

- I apologize to anyone who feels like I’ve ‘attacked’ him or her in this blog or any other. If you want revenge, you know where to find me…
- Last Sunday’s Avengers’ episode “The Widow’s Sting” was fan-friggin’-tastic! It set up the possibility of a mix of the classic Kree/Skrull War & the modern “meh” event Secret Invasion. All that and we got Viper, Mockingbird, Captain America & Black Panther not following orders, and FINALLY a cartoon that shows just how flippin’ awesome Hawkeye is. This coupled with last week’s episode “459” really lends credence to the Kree/Skrull War angle. I for one liked the direction they are taking Captain Mar-vell, and I’m intrigued to see what they do with Carol Danvers, aka Ms. Marvel/Binary/Warbird. This truly is the most nerd savvy of all super hero cartoons.

- This morning I shoveled like mad to try and make up for not doing it last night. Unfortunately about halfway through the driveway I broke the shovel. How the heck do you break a shovel? I am unsafe at any speed.
- I’ve never had baked potato soup, and after reading the recipe I want to.
- This has been the most flustering holiday season in some time. I’m really not sure why. I’ve just felt like nothing has gone right, I’ve been ineffectual as a friend, family member, and husband. It’s just been this sort of creeping malaise of ‘BLAH!' Saturday night cannot get here fast enough. The only thing that can save the holiday season is watching kids open present. I need some type of unbridled child joy to refuel my positivity fuel tanks.
- We need a roof rake.
- Cassandra hooked me up with some super sweet gloves and I’ve now had the opportunity to wear both pairs. They both have pros and cons, but both are warm! And currently that’s all I need.

I want to go home and NOT shovel. It’s good to want things…

“Dis empowered, the scattering flock
Dances in a fever at the castle rock
Dust-devil cypress and ripening fruit
Ascending quick into the author's bathroom

Fawn, Jo and Tootsie are out on a wire
Lettuce-toothed junkies all full of desire

Meanwhile, Rick James takes her nude
And there's nothing I can do
Meanwhile, Rick James takes her nude

And there's nothing I can do
And there's nothing I can say to you
I've got a lot of work to do
I guess I'll leave it up to you

Uninvited, we'll stay if we want
Searching through your closets for your grandfather's gun
We will swim in your kidney, kidney-shaped pool
Scratching at the bottom for another clue, yeah

Fawn, Jo and Tootsie are out on a wire
Lettuce-toothed junkies all full of desire

Meanwhile, Rick James takes her nude
And there's nothing I can do
Meanwhile, Rick James takes her nude
And there's nothing I can do”

(Meanwhile, Rick James takes her nude)
And there's nothing I can say to you
(Meanwhile, Rick James takes her nude)

And there's nothing I can do
And there's nothing I can say to you
I've got a lot of work to do
I guess I'll leave it up to you"



* = My sentiments exactly...

No comments:

Post a Comment