Friday, February 4, 2011

It’s Friday, And You Know What That Means…

How ‘bout you getting your ‘learn on’…

THE FAIRLY SECRET ARMY!

You know what brings everyone together, especially friends who occasionally show REALLY poor judgment and taste? Music. You know what then helps them reform like F’N Voltron? REALLY GOOOD MUSIC. I’m hating myself for admitting this, but so far The Fairly Secret Army album that Dave is concocting, we’re four incredible songs in, has eclipsed The Endless, 1,000 Suns, & even Waves Of Mercury. It’s relentlessly catchy, the music is eclectic, but yet has some insidious little over arcing theme, and overall it’s just better than 99% of the stuff you’ll hear on the radio. If you love music, then you should be checking out Dave’s blog;
- http://theczardr.blogspot.com/2011/02/tfsa-new-vocals.html
And begging him for a copy of this seminal work once its reached completion. Seriously some of the best music I’ve heard in some time.

JEANS!

I’m a larger guy, always have been. My thighs are like tree trunks so jeans have never been a real effective clothing option for me. Recently I came into possession of some jeans that GASP actually fit! So I’m changing my stance on the whole “Pants Are For Chumps”. I like that I can find a pair of paints that fit and aren’t forced upon me by some draconian dress code.

JON LAJOIE!




This speaks for itself in its sheer beauty.

STEVE GILPIN & BILLY THE SQUID SCREEN PRINTING!

http://www.squidprinting.com/Screen_shop_site/Home.html
http://www.billythesquid.com/2010_site/Home.html
Listen up chunder heads; I’ve known Steve for a great deal of my life. He’s always been a fantastic artist, and now he’s giving you, YES YOU, a chance to get a kick ass t-shirt. I for one have already ordered two. The man is all ‘bout blowing your friggin’ minds, so go forth, support him in his endeavors of world art domination, and get yourself a keen t-shirt. I COMMAND IT!

RANDOM CRAP!

- Yeah, I know it’s a short one today, but I’m exhausted. Between the unfortunate ‘normalcy’ of not sleeping, the crap that’s gone on the last week, and biffing it yesterday I really would rather be in bed right now. By the by I’m not sure how you did it Cassandra, but thanks for making sure yesterday didn’t turn out any worse than it did. Oh and your ‘sketi’ was awesome.
- Saturday Night & it’s Movie-A-Thon goodness can’t get here fast enough.
- Last night we watched an episode of Community entitled ‘Advanced Dungeons & Dragons’. It was outstanding. I sometimes forget how much I enjoy this show, and this episode reminded me.
- I’m going with the Steelers 27 over the Packers 21 for Sunday’s Super Bowl.
- I’m starting to build my Lions Of Albion Space Knights for the Basement Sci-Fi War. I’m still waiting on some things to come in the mail. I’m learning to never, EVER, order from anywhere in Ireland or Scotland as it takes an eternity for things to arrive.
- After some careful contemplation I have decided to go with the crazier version of the D&D Campaign, the sort of floating motes, and strange vistas version. I’m hoping it takes the game to a new sense of strange wonder.
- Young Justice tonight! More A-N-G-R-Y Superboy punching stuff, I heard it might involve Amazo! If they can give me half of what I got last Friday I’ll be very happy. By the by, where the HELL are more new episodes of Avengers? I’m fiending here.
- Oh sleep how I crave you…

And with that I’m off to contemplate world peace, my place in the universe, and Dairy Queen Blizzards

“I am just a regular everyday normal guy...
Nothing special about me Mother Fucka
I am just a regular everyday normal guy...
When I go to the clubs I wait in line Mother Fucka
I am just a regular everyday normal guy...
I got 600 dollars In the bank Mother Fucka
I am just a regular everyday normal guy...
And my sexual performances are average

I work at customer service for a phone company
I make 12 bucks an hour but that's all I need
I live in a small apartment on a quiet street
I don't go out too much I like to watch TV
I cant afford a car I use public transportation
I don't mind I read 'til I reach my destination
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book
the amount of money I save this shit is off the hook

And I am not very good with the women
I'm a pretty shy person and I'm average looking
last time I had sex was in 2003
and I am ashamed to admit but it wasn't free

I am just a regular everyday normal guy...
I get nervous in social situations Mother Fucka
I am just a regular everyday normal guy...
I get constipated once a month Mother Fucka
I am just a regular everyday normal guy...
And I make pretty good spaghetti sauce Mother Fucka
I am just a regular everyday normal guy...
and I get scared when I go see the dentist

I'm the "Pauly Shore" of everyday life
easily forgettable and I am not very liked
I have an "According to Jim" personality
I'm as entertaining as a fucking STD

if you wanna mess with me I think you probably can
because I am not confident and i am weak for a man
I'll just roll up in a ball while you kick me in the back, yeah
honestly I probably wont fight back
And I don't have many friends that would back me up
My friend Steve would but he doesn't look very tough

You want some of this bitch?

If you rarely get laid put your hands up
If you're not well paid put your hands up
If you got a pet cat put your hands up
and if you got a bad back put your hands up

I hurt my back two summers ago moving a fridge and ever since then it's just not the same... you know it... it gets... It gets pretty sore

I am just a regular everyday normal guy...
My parents are really nice people Mother Fucka
I am just a regular everyday normal guy...
I am somewhat afraid of heights Mother Fucka
I am just a regular everyday normal guy...
I like the show "Grey's Anatomy" Mother Fucka
I am just a regular everyday normal guy...
and I am pretty good at making paper planes

I could do this all day... I could do this all day... I could do this all day...”



* = Maybe some D&D Orcish Sky Pirates live here? Hmmm.

4 comments:

  1. Common Sense is the title of the song that you have NOT heard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHA!?

    Songs I have not heard?

    BLASPHEMY! It physically pains me to know there is stuff out there I have yet to hear.
    'I listen to The Fairly Secret Army Joe Rogan..."

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing what can be done when a woman's protective skills kick in. Or maybe I am just She-Hulk in disguise. ;-)

    ReplyDelete