Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Undead Vs. The Unearthly


* = Creepy Kids are never a good thing...

I had a terrifying dream last night. I was a priest in a Catholic children’s school in Germany, and no I don’t why it was Germany, who was being haunted by his dead father. The massive school was insidiously overcome by demons. They were possessing people and eventually outright killing. It was creepy because their were seven main demons fiendishly built after the Seven Deadly Sins, or if you’re a Captain Marvel guy The Seven Enemies Of Man. These demons were making people do those things, in disturbing and subversive ways. It was weird because my friend Melanie was there, and she was doing messed up stuff, what the hell does that even mean?

Anywho, things degenerate into a ‘Cronenbergian’ state of murder, lust, death, depravity, etc. while I ran for my life in the barricaded off estate. I did some bad things to escape possessed children and dogs, and that bothered me, especially since I did said things with my Dad’s Polish Axe cane. Eventually I escaped some possessed children out of a window. Fell about two stories, and limped to a car. As I sped off towards what I hoped was freedom I tried to run over the demon ghost of my father and crashed into the makeshift barricade wall. Then I woke up. I had to pee.

This dream bothered me on a lot of levels. A lot of my real bad dreams I can’t remember, I wake up with the heeby jeebies and know whatever it was that was in my head was bad, BUT I’m spared remembering. This one I remembered, in fact I woke up and had to remind myself that it was just a dream. The things I imagined were just horrific. I sometimes wonder what the ____ is going on inside my brain when things like that occur. I know I have a lot of nightmares based upon my anxiety of crowds, which I think leads directly into my fear of zombies. The spooky possessed kids thing could be the fear of fatherhood. It’s not that I fear it, but since it’s the potential reality it’s always on my mind. The other weird thing is I don’t fear religion, and my ideas regarding whatever it is that comes after this don’t leave room for a hell, let alone demons. I’ve had some religious quandaries currently while dealing with my own mortality feeling very immediate. All morning I’ve been trying to decipher just what the F’ is going on in my melon that I would have a dream that disgusted me and scared me. Maybe it was the Culver’s frozen custard…

Oh and can you imagine me as priest? Neither can I…

At least I feel better writing it down and not having it linger in that back part of my mind like something lurking just over my shoulder. I hope tonight I sleep blissfully and with no dreams. In fact I’m thinking Tylenol PM may very well be in my future. Oh and no frozen custard.

How ‘bout it? How ‘bout that

RANDOM CRAP!

- That crap is still giving me the shivers.
- I just purchased a copy of the Space Hulk: Death Angels card game off of Board Game Geek dot com for $16.00 shipped! Now if I can just get Cassandra to play it.
- You know what never gets old? Chicken Fried Steak and eggs that’s what.
- Oh Mantic Games why can’t you just put out a confirmed press release for your Dungeon Crawl game, the Dwarf King’s Hold? All I want to know is what goodies are contained within the box and the cost, is that too much to ask?
- I have the theme from Archer stuck in my head.
- Incognito Cinema Warriors XP are FINALLY back, and their 4th Episode; Werewolf In A Girl’s Dormitory drops on 2/9/11! These guys are as pure an homage to MST3K without being a former member of the MST3K crew as you can get. I have all three of the earlier episodes and highly recommend you going forth and buying their stuff!
o http://icwxp.com/NewHome.html
- Since we’re now doing up the Super Bowl with M.C.M. on Sunday Cassandra and I have to start contemplating finger foods. The mandate is to make things we’ve never made before. Maybe I can think of something that will allow me to bust out the new wok.
- I’m hungry for Chinese food again if you couldn’t tell.
- The more I think about it the more I’m thinking of having the Known World, the D&D campaign world be severely fractured post Yeenoghu’s successful ‘ganking’ of the southern empires into the Abyss. The ‘sphere’ of the world would be destroyed and instead it would like floating pieces in a congealed gravi-metric mass. Sort of pockets or ‘islands’ in the plane’s ether. I think I’m digging on the idea of say the Empire of Eton instead of being south across a sea being only reachable via a portal and the actual Empire being somewhere in the “sky”. This should be a plane that just experienced, well a bit over a hundred years ago, a MASSIVE sundering. The ‘bad guys’ won. It would add a bit of a Thundarr The Barbarian (Infinite *’s out of 5) to the setting visually. I have this image in my head of waterfalls falling from a small continent in the sky into a sea that is basically a giant whirlpool. No large cities, instead small pockets of humanity trying desperately to reform a society. Eladrin fiercely guarding the Feywild, dark cults to Orcus flooding out of the Shadowfell to raise forces of Zombies out of all the death and chaos, while the ‘Old Races’, the dwarves & elves, have retreated into their respective mountain and forest strongholds. The thing would be the Underdark would have been somewhat untouched, with the exception of massive fissures in the landmass laying it open like an ant farm for viewing. This would explain trade with the Drow or a human society that has spent 70 years underground. Now I just have to figure out how I want to use Aberrations. It wouldn’t be a Post Apocalyptic vibe I’d be trying to instill, but instead a sense of heady wonder. This could work…
- I’ve also been contemplating the next stage in the Marvel SAGA game. It’s been slightly difficult since I’m unsure about Dave’s ‘availability’, so I think I’ve cooked up a decent way to re-incorporate him should he choose to jump back in. I also have had to think about my Jonni Steele dilemma. On one hand it lends a lot of character development options for the team to have her there, but at the same time I don’t want them relying on a super strong, invulnerable character to do their dirty work.

So I think I have an idea on how to keep her involved but physically unable to intervene. I put the set-pieces in motion to be able to not only reference Doktor Koncept’s Casebook Case #111 that I sent out, but also to have the Tomb Of The Black Queen Of The Nile be somewhere tangible to the players. Not to mention it really is a perfect set-up to allow them a backdoor into the Annihilation Event or even to uncover some potential Secret Invasion nuggets.
- I hope we get our basement living room done and put back together soon.
- I know that when I get home tonight I have to shovel. Again. I’ve grown not to hate it; in fact I do enjoy it, until about the last five to ten minutes when I just want to be done. On the other hand when I got up this morning I didn’t enjoy it, since my shoulders, which normally don’t work anyways, didn’t want to allow me raise my hands up above my head. Thank the gawds for scalding hot showers.
- I’d really like an Italian Hot Beef sandwich right now.

Re-reading this, and no unfortunately I don’t effectively edit myself for spelling or grammar, I’m flippin’ hungry…

“This is the year where hope fails you
The test subjects run the experiments
And the bastards you know, is the hero you hate
But cohesion is possible if we strive
There's no reason, there's no lesson
No time like the present, telling you right now
What have you got to lose, what have you got to lose
Except your soul? Just listen

I fight for the unconventional
My right, and it's unconditional
I can only, be as real as I can
Because advantages, I never knew the plan
This isn't the way just to be a martyr
I can't, walk alone any longer
I fight, for the ones that can't fight
And if I lose, at least I tried

We, we are the new diabolic
We, we are the bitter bucolic
If I have to give my life you can have it
We, we are the pulse of the maggots

I won't, be the inconsequential
I won't, be the wasted potential
I can make it, as severe as I can
Until' you realize, I'll never take a chance
It isn't, just one side aversion
We've dealt, with a meanies diversion
And I won't, let the truth be perverted
I won't let another victim deserted

We, we are the new diabolic
We, we are the bitter bucolic
If I have to give my life you can have it
We, we are the pulse of the maggots

Do you understand?
(Yes)
Do you understand?
(Yes)
Do you understand?
(Yes)
Do you understand?
(Yes)

Say it again, say it again
(We won't die)
Say it again, say it again
(We won't die)
Say it again, say it again
(We won't die)
Say it again, say it again
(We won't die)

Say it again, say it again
(We won't die)
Say it again, say it again
(We won't die)
Say it again, say it again
(We won't die)
Say it again, say it again
(We won't die)

We fight, for the ones who can't fight us
We live, and no one can't stop us
We pulse, with a push too far
And the advantages are but a malice
We never, had to fight in the first place
We only, had to spit back at their face
We won't, walk alone any longer
What doesn't kill us, only makes us stronger

We, we are the new diabolic
We, we are the bitter bucolic
If I have to give my life you can have it
We, we are the pulse of the maggots

Do you understand?
(Yes)
Do you understand?
(Yes)
Do you understand?
(Yes)
Do you understand?
(Yes)

Say it again, say it again
(We won't die)
Say it again, say it again
(We won't die)
Say it again, say it again
(We won't die)
Say it again, say it again
(We won't die)”


* = Did you know that Alex Toth and Jack Kirby are responsible for the awesomeness that is Thundarr? Neither did I. Now if I do ever run Gammaworld THIS is what it'll be all 'bout!

No comments:

Post a Comment