Friday, April 22, 2011
Friday Vs. Dead Presidents
* = It's that time again...
WHA?! No ‘Learning’ on Friday you ask, well I just didn’t have that much to throw out there, and it was a slow week. In fact all I can really give you is…
- We’re headed to ‘The Cloud’ for Zombie Jesus day. I guess there will be grilling and candy so I can’t complain to much. I think I might drag along my giant ‘Bag ‘O Games’ so maybe Ant and I can squeeze one in. All I really want to do is sleep.
- Last night Dave & I busted out some Battlelore (**** out of 5).
I had him on the ropes for basically the whole game and had an opportunity to win it. Then he had a turn where he annihilated my forces without pause or mercy scooping victory from the jaws of defeat. It was impressive and really pretty damn cool. Oh and the Red Knight’s Stand was the highlight of the game. Now that we’ve found some ‘Campaign Rules’ it might be interesting to see which of these homebrew rule sets works best.
- What my job needs is a blanket and a pillow. I’d be happy with those two simple things.
- I almost finished Before The Mask this morning, but ran out of time. Thus far it’s been decently enjoyable for a prequel of a series that is focusing on one of the villains. Although I was more than a bit disappointed by how the brother was ‘offed’. Oh well I had low expectations going in, so the read has been a pleasant surprise.
- Look how friggin’ awesome this armor is;
I HAVE to work this into the D&D Campaign.
- There are minis to paint and today I really should buckle down and hammer out the finishing touches on the ten to fifteen that just need some minor finishing points. I just haven’t had the ‘fire’ to get to it this week. I don’t think this weather or my lack of sleep has helped. I’m tired, the rain makes me want to go ‘seepy nigh nigh’ and last night was a rough patch in my sleeping pattern. Tonight I’m crashing earlier and hope to sleep in. We shall see…
- See the thing is I’m just apathetic to 90% of what is happening in my life right now.
In fact I barely care about what I’m writing right now. Does anyone else just gaze out into the endless wonder of the world around them and ask “Why?” I do this every day all the time. I think I’ve done it some much that I may have ‘hurt’ myself. I care about so little because everything feels so transitory. I feel like a passenger in my own existence and it’s maddening.
- Oh and I love banana bread. Just thought these two things were important.
- The other day I was roped in to going to The Home Depot with Cassandra to get lawn products and in the process we perused tiles for the backsplash. I was very happy with the choice she made, not just because it’s going to be cheaper than I had thought, but it looks really good against the kitchen walls.
- The more I listen to anything political the more I realize we have no chance.
- After watching Jon Gruden’s Quarterback Camp on ESPN, of which I still need to see all of it, I don’t think Cam Newton can be a first, second, or third year starter in the NFL. He needs to ride the pine somewhere to get a feel for the pro game, learn how to call a play in a pro-style offense, work on his accuracy, and more than anything learn to effectively read a defense. You know out of all of the quarterbacks featured I really liked Jake Locker’s attitude and aptitude, but he’s really inaccurate and doesn’t understand that he isn’t a fullback. Oh and Andy Dalton, who is tenacious, smart, and extremely willing I’m just not sure he has the physical skills. When it comes to Blaine Gabert he has tools, the brain, and the look of the ‘Real Deal’, but there is just something about him that makes me leery. Thank goodness the Chiefs aren’t in the market for a QB. As for the Vikes, if they’re smart they’ll hold off and pick someone up in the 2nd or 4th. If they’re geniuses they’ll trade Bryant McKinnie’s fat worthless ass for a 3rd round pick, maybe another 2nd if someone’s a sucker, and fill the holes on the Offensive Line, the Defensive Line, and pick up another receiver.
- Thanks for introducing me to Marillion last night Dave, it was spectacular.
BAH! The day is coming towards its slow, inevitable end. I suppose that’s something…
"I used to know this woman who had the most beautiful
tattoos on the top sides of both of her hands
she was forty three years old and as far as I know
had never yet been with a man
its not that she wasn't attractive she was beautiful
but its the way that she interacted
she was aggressively passive to the point where she
would of intimidated any mitt that ever tried to catch her
on the right hand she had a tattoo of a nude girl
she claimed it is what God resembled
but on the left she had a mirrored image of the same female
and this one she explained looked like the devil
I remember once watching her touch her own breasts
how the tattoos smiled as they stared down her stomach
as if anticipating would they be allowed to caress
the sweet flower that they both seemed to hunger (sweet flower)
now maybe I was high but it felt so right
heaven and hell both take to this woman’s womb
it didn't make sense how she could commence
touching herself with me wide awake in the same room
Now if I've learned anything in my years (my years)
I learned I no longer believe in surprise (in surprise)
but what happened next damn near stole my tears
the tattoos came alive right in front of my eyes
they both slowly stood up and climbed off her hands
and showed me why she never took some time with a man
they climbed deep inside of this woman's garden
she closed her eyes and she gently bit her bottom lip
I stepped I left and I don't regret leaving
and I'll never forget all the things I saw that evening
a glimpse of religion a piece of coming closer
to understanding more about what intrigues me most
I didn't get turned on I just got turned
I wasn't as aroused as I was concerned
for each one of ‘em I've hurt
and every time I've been burned
I've got a lot to teach but even more to learn
so now I keep my eyes open hoping to take in all I can
about Woman taking in all she can
and for as long as I breath I’ll save a seat in my memory
for that woman with the tattooed hands
There's good and evil in each individual fire
identifies needs and feeds our desires
as long as we keep our spirit inspired
she can bite her bottom lip all she wants"
* = I like this pic.