Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Cabin In The Woods Vs. Cabin Fever


* = This one's for you Dave...

Terraclips is finally going to be coming out in August.

That means I need to start pinching some pennies to get the $150.00 to buy all three sets.

It seems like a lot of money, because it is, but if one looks at the fact that this is pre-printed, easy to assemble, easy to store, and looks INCREDIBLE then it’s a small price to pay for what will make my games infinitely more awesome. Look at it’s just gorgeous for GAWD’S SAKE!

I can’t even begin to relay to you how excited I am to have these on my gaming table.

Yesterday I watched my lovely wife play Dr. Mario (**** out of 5) on N64 for about an hour and a half. The thing that struck me was just how unbeatable she is at that game. It was sort of relaxing to just sit in the cool basement living room, listen to the music of the game, and vaguely watch her crush the game. She’s so much calmer than say I am. Sunday I played through Virtual Pro 2 (Puroseau) (Infinites *’s out of 5) and at least five times erupted into some serious cursing. I mean c’mon how many times do I have to crush those bastards in No Fear, I’m looking at you Takao Omori and Yoshihiro Takayama,

before they just get the point, YOU AIN’T BEATIN’ ME! Oh and getting power bombed off the top rope by a guy you’ve beaten senseless for ten minutes is beyond frustrating. In then end though I’ve built a damn near unbeatable created wrestler with the move set that’s been constructed. I’m enjoying the N64, it’s a nice change of pace. Hopefully I can convince Cassandra to play some multi-player stuff on the X-Box or the PS2 again soon.

There is something to be said for this quiet time we spend together. I’m finding that the more we are without a schedule of ‘events’ or ‘projects’ the more I just enjoy the quiet of being beholden to nothing & no one. The thing is I also find that I’m less ambitious. I have less of a driving desire to accomplish anything. It just seems as if I’m content to just spend time in the presence of my wife, and it is a glorious presence. I’m just trying to wrap my head around if there is a middle ground. If time has taught my anything of worth, it’s that I’m not good at moderation. I need to find some in my life though, some type of effective balance between social butterfly & dangerously unstable shut in.

Ok, maybe not a dangerously unstable shut in, but I would say I have a lot of ‘hermit’ potential. Oh well at least we’ll always have…

RANDOM CRAP!

- The Guilded Age isn’t for everyone Dave. Don’t feel bad.
- I have some cards to finish up for the D&D Board Game System, meaning I need to do some gluing to cardboard and wait for my lovely & talented wife to laminate. It doesn’t take to long, I’m just lazy.
- Speaking of lazy, I’m going to paint tonight. Shocked? So am I.
- There is the first of a HUGE set of board games in the mail for me today. I think when we arrive home there will be a copy of the new version of Horus Heresy & the expansion for Chaos In The Old World on our doorstep. That’s pretty cool, but come June 17th my other package should ship and that mama jama is chock-full o’ goodness; Conquest Of Nerath, the two Blood Angels expansions, & Thieves of Cadawallon. Now I just need to get folks together to play some damn games.
- Last night we watched some E3 coverage on G4 TV. As cool as the games looked, and they looked really good, I found myself caring very little to actually play any of them. They looked to complicated, fiddly, and way to expensive. What I did find though is it vastly increased my desire to get the Basement Sci-Fi War back up and running. With so many gorgeous CGI cut scenes depicting crazy Sci-Fi warfare all I could think about is how incredible having those games go on would be. I need to try and get this going again.
- Maybe I can get M&C to play a game or two when they come over for dinner on Thursday. If I can co-opt these gatherings a bit for my own nefarious board gaming ends I’ll have proven again just why I’m an evil mastermind.
- I’m going to start watching Warehouse 13 soon. My dad was a big fan.
- It’s not hot out it’s unbearable. We need to mow, but that isn’t happening until it drops back down on Friday & Saturday. I need to weed eat again. The driveway needs swept. I have to make another pass with clippers along the fence line. Sigh; there are things that have to be done. They aren’t hard, they aren’t even really time consuming. I just find myself lacking motivation currently.
- I really do want to play the Wrestling RPG. I just think it would be HI-larious.

BAH! This day can’t end fast enough…

“Where is the ritual
And tell me where, where is the taste
Where is the sacrifice
And tell me where, where is the faith
Someday there'll be a cure for pain
That's the day I throw my drugs away
When they find a cure for pain
Where is the cave
Where the wise woman went
And tell me where
Where's all that money that I spent
I propose a toast to my self control
You see it crawling helpless on the floor
Someday there'll be a cure for pain
That's the day I throw my drugs away
When they find a cure for pain
When they find a cure for pain
When they find a cure for pain
When they find a cure find a cure for pain”



* = Even at the End Of All Things we at least have each other...

2 comments:

  1. You know, it kind of ruins your mastermind-ing if you let people in on the plan. Especially those that will be there that night. What do I get if I keep your secret? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not masterminding, I'm monolouging. BIG DIFFERENCE!
    Hmmmm, I'm intrigued what did you have in mind?

    ReplyDelete