Friday, February 17, 2012

Speed Vs. Insomnia










* = Thank you Cassandra...










So as I sit here and wait for the end of a crappy week I got lucky enough to have one of my fellow Team Ant contributors on the Board Game Geek dot com site point out that LO & BEHOLD Paizo gave us a preview of Rise Of The Runelords after all, so I'm giving it to you, mainly as a way to murder what time I have left...


So up first is Ameiko. She was first introduced as a tavern owner in this Adventure Path and has since become extremely important in the Pathfinder World. She's the main NPC in the current Adventure Path, Jade Regent. So these are unfinished 'paint masters' this time around. I like this mini. I like it a lot, and I think the main reason is the F'Ning guitar on her back! That's right Ameiko LOVES TO ROCK! Actually, I think she might be the best Bard style mini that's been put out by any company as a pre-paint. And as with all these 'Named' Characters in the set she's an Uncommon.


Next up is Harsk. He's the Iconic Pathfinder Dwarf. Now the mini's pose is quiet static, but again I sort of dig it. In all the Wayne Reynolds illustrations of this character he looks sour, just pissed off, and ready for a serious fight. This miniature hits that on the nose. Just look at the face, it's a seriously fantastic sneer. I wish there was a bit more action in the pose, but again it's an Uncommon, and I'll be picking it up.


Seoni, the Iconic Caster looks solid, but she's missing the tattoos she's normally covered in. In the write up we're re-assured that we'll be getting all of these in the finished product. I like the pose since it's right off the cover of the module, and really don't we have enough Wizard types pointing one finger? I like it, it's an Uncommon, and it'll be mine.


Last, but not least is Shalelu, who is also a NPC in the Rise Of The Runelord's Adventure Path. If I remember correctly she also might appear in a later Adventure Path as well. She's an Elven Ranger who has sort of a conflicted past and a wish to see some closure come of it. I like her place in the Adventure Path so much that I'm sort of trying to slowly bring a similar thread into my own current D&D Campaign. Anywho, about the miniature, it looks alright. Actually, out of these four she's the one I care for the least. I like the color, but the pose does little for me. She's another Elven Ranger type, nothing really stands out to me.

So there you have it, four blogs in one week, two in one day. NOW I'm officially done this week...


* = Duke Silver/Ron Swanson > Batman/Bruce Wayne? Show your work...

No comments:

Post a Comment