Thursday, September 13, 2012

C.H.U.D. Vs. Land Of The Dead



* = Maybe if my Doctor was Thor I'd go more often...Then again that would require insurance...








It’s been a rough one this week. I’m sick as a dog with the gunk in my chest and sinuses, and the damn cold medicine has given my insides the twisty’s. I’m just starting to feel like a human again. I really planned on putting out a long, proper blog this week, but instead I think I’m just going to force feed all three of you who read this some…


RANDOM CRAP!

- I have been painting my ass off. There are at least 40 miniatures awaiting their eyes from Cassandra and then the DIP. I’m hoping to get in some Orcs and Goblins this week in order to fill up the DIP box. I’m at a bit of a loss on what to attack next. There are a lot of HumansElves, and Dwarves who need to be finished, but I also have a crap ton of Undead and Orcs that could use my attention. I’m seriously contemplating getting all of my Pirate type stuff out and getting after that. I think that could be fun.
- I crave my warm bed with the box fan blaring white noise.
- Dungeon Crawler Miniatures is a spectacular little company I’ve mentioned before, so it should be no surprise that I’m going to be pimping their Kickstarter. Behold Tidal Wave! It’s going to be a pirate themed extravaganza of goodness that isn’t just limited to pre-paints, OH NO, DCM also does a ‘Bones Like’ format called ‘Natural’ which is outstanding. So go forth you scurvy dogs, check it out, pledge some gold, and reap in the swag!
- Last week my Vikings partner was absent and it was sad. However once I found out the whys and wherefores I was happy. It’s fantastic to see someone you truly care for find something, someone, somewhere, etc. that brings the shine back into their eyes.
- Speaking of miniatures it’s another week, SO it’s another Shattered Star preview from Paizo! First up is Hill Giant.
First off it’s getting ready to chuck a boulder so that is a HUGE plus for me, as when I think of Hill Giants that’s the first thing that pops into my head. I also dig the cave man like clothes, and even the sort of weird expression. However, that expression also bothers me. I hate using this term, but I’m going to anyway, it looks ‘Downsy’. I also think the paint job is bland and really shows too many of the brush marks. It looks like I painted it, and that’s not a good thing. The thing is when it comes to PPM there are SO few Hill Giants we sort of have to take what we can get, and this will do in a pinch. I’ll just have to wait and see what it’s going to cost. The second mini this week was another of the Pathfinder Iconics, Amiri.
A female, Human I think, Barbarian in a more Anime style. I mean c’mon look at that awesome sword! I know there are a lot people out there who bemoan the creep of Anime and Manga influences into what we define as Fantasy, but I’m not one of those people. If I remember reading correctly Amiri took her sword off of a Frost Giant THAT is why it’s F’Ning huge and awesome. I love this mini. She looks like she’s been in plenty of brawls, she’s decked out with an arsenal meaning she’s looking for her next fight, and the pose is ripped right from the Wayne Reynolds art, which I love. Thus far the one consistent thing that Paizo and Wizkids have absolutely CRUSHED has been the Iconics. Not a single one looks bad, I’m not sure if there is a concerted effort there or if they just happen to have come out that way, but they look great and really put the D&D 3.0 Iconics from DDM to shame. I’m hoping that the prices on Rise Of The Runelords singles continue to drop so when November rolls around I can finally start picking some of them up.
- One last piece of miniatures business, so in order to mollify the masses as they try and repair the damage they did to Kickstarter by sheer will of Awesomeness, Reaper released a picture of the female Cloud Giant I’ll be getting because of my pledge. WOW! It is simply amazing. It does the concept art more than justice, and looks to be perfect for painting. March next year will be an amazing time for me when all those minis show up on my doorstep.
- It appears that I will be starting my run through Old School Who again, with at least one Companion in tow! I think this will start in October, I’m looking forward to sharing my love of those old classic Who serials.
- There is a Board Game Day at our house in a little over a week. I’m very excited, but a tad nervous as there might be some people there I do not know. Then I just remind myself that it’s other folks who play the same Nerdy crap that I do, how bad can it be? The goal is to have a good time, play some Good Games, so no Robo Rally for me thanks, and have some laughs. I just hope everyone is up to it.

I thought I had something more to say, I suppose not…

“Now who elected you judge and jury
In the body of a beautiful girl?
And I suspect heavy gerrymandering
At the single's bar

And now
I'm a man with conversation skills
And I'm a man with hundred dollar bills
And just a look my direction one time
Is all it's gonna take now

Come on

I know you think I'm just another sucker perpetrator
Livin' in the two-one-three.
And I don't care what you say about any of that, no
It don't matter to me, and

I see you drivin' the wheel in your fancy car
You're a superstar livin' in the three-one-oh
And I will freak you like you've never been freaked before, now
And I'm ready to go, yeah

Come on now

Three two one I'm the bomb
And I'm ready to go off on your ship
Three two one I'm the bomb
And I'm ready to go off on your ship
Three two one I'm the bomb
And I'm ready to go off
Ready to go off, now

Hey girl, when I'm fuckin' you
It's like nothin' else matters.
Maybe we'll reach down between my legs
And ease the seat back.

Three-two-one I'm the bomb
And I'm ready to go off on your ship
Three-two-one I'm the bomb
And I'm ready to go off on your ship
Three-two-one I'm the bomb
And I'm ready to go off on your ship
Three-two-one I'm the bomb
And I'm ready to go off
Ready to go off, now”

    * = It's sad, but this Chair inspires me more than Mittens and only slightly less than Barry.  Perhaps Freedom truly is a 'Sucka's Dream'...

No comments:

Post a Comment