Monday, September 17, 2012

Fools Rush In Vs. Extract

I’m using my ‘slow’ time to just continue to stretch my ‘blogging muscle’ as much as I can so when I finally have something worth writing about, personally, it won’t be a complete and utter car wreck. However, I again find myself without anything of real merit to spew out into the world. It isn’t that I don’t have anything to say, it is just that I don’t feel I have a lot to add as far as ‘Deep Thoughts’ or ‘Profound Musings’ to the Interweb(s). Not to mention I think there is only about three of you who read this drivel anyway, and you all know the crap that I think ‘deeply’ on; blah, blah, family issue, blah, blah, relationships are hard, blah, blah, I miss my father, blah, blah, try and be a better person, blah, blah, politics suck, blah, blah, etc. I’m a creature of habit and remarkably focused on just a few things in life. In fact I could probably do with coming up with a list of random subjects to try and blog about in order to break out of that train of thought. Hmmm, something to think about, but until I get off my ass and do that you’ll just have to settle for more…


RANDOM CRAP!

- 89 miniatures are now ready to DIP either tonight or tomorrow. It’s sort of crazy when you think about it. In two weeks, with a bit of help from my lovely and talented wife, we’ve been able to crush through that many miniatures. And really I’m more than satisfied with how they turned out. Once they get dipped and have 48 hours to cure I’ll take some pictures and do another ‘Picture Blog’.
- Speaking of cool miniatures stuff, there isn’t much time left, but each and every one of you who loves miniatures should go over to the Fractured Dimensions Kickstarter and donate a bit.
They make amazing ‘Old School’ miniatures and deserve your patronage. Sure they still breaking out metals in an age where plastics are becoming the rule rather than the exceptions. Sure they are using the visual styles of 1st and 2nd Edition D&D rather than the more hyper-kinetic posing and look of Pathfinder and 4.0. However the sculpts are ROCK solid. The prices are really reasonable. I also feel like there is PLENTY of room at any game table for variations on monsters. Just because current Hobgoblins don’t have a lighter orange skin and a blue nose does NOT meant that those Hobgoblins don’t exist anymore. I love the idea that monsters are just like humans, there are different, and specialized versions. And I mean c’mon, PIG-FACED ORCS! Need I say more? I didn’t think so.
- Do you enjoy crazy covers of popular music? SURE YOU DO! Track down some Los Colorados. It’s bizarrely catchy.
- Sunday’s game was BRUTAL to watch, however I got to watch it with not only Cassandra, but my ‘other wife’ David. Things have been sort of ‘stretched’ with Dave right now as he has found someone in this wide world who has him captivated. I’m reticent to call it ‘Love’, but he has a mad ‘Like’ on right now. He’s deeply in ‘Like’ with Jen. It’s strange to have seen him trudge through the emotional mire of his divorce, and see how it laid him low at times. It’s not like him to be quiet, withdrawn, and at times melancholy. So when you get to see the light in his eyes come back it is really cool. We haven’t met this woman yet, but if she’s even half the lady that Dave says she is she’ll be pretty damn cool. And in the end all that matters is that my P.L.P. is happy.
- Oh and before I forget what the F’ happened to the Chiefs? They were a dark horse darling to ‘experts’ and they are at 0-2 right now and look terrible. It goes to show you that prognosticating NFL teams season to season is really hard. I can’t complain too much, especially since the F’Ning Saints are 0-2 as well.
- If you haven’t checked out Garfunkel and Oates on Youtube, then how are we even friends?
- It was another week, so we received another gaggle of Shattered Star previews!
First up is the Medium Fire Elemental. From what I understand these will be cast in translucent red/orange plastic when they make their way to shelves. I like this mini, but I don’t love it. The flowing pose looks solid, it has a creepy face, and in all honesty I like THIS paint job. However, this is the case of mini I just wouldn’t use that often, and I don’t like it significantly better than the DDM Fire Archon. Overall, unless it turns out to be a cheap pick-up it’s most likley going to have to be a PASS for me.
Second up is the Large Fire Elemental. For the life of me I can’t figure out why it has rocks coming out of its fingers and shoulders. That being said, I like it. I actually like this mini quite a bit. It doesn’t look like any other mini I have, in fact it could be a great stand in for Imix , Elemental Prince Of Fire. I think I’m currently using an Immolith as a stand-in. This mini has the Primordial feel to it, even more so than the Large Fire Elemental from DDM which while cool looking looks generic. This mini however has personality. If it’s reasonable this one would be a MUST BUY. We were blessed with not one, not two, BUT three previews this week.
So last, but not least this week is the Guiltspur Naga. I have a few Naga minis right now and I don’t really get much of a chance to use them as I’ve really only used a snake themed adventure once, and it had to do more with Yuan-Ti rather than Naga. It’s something that I’d love to do though. The idea of these Naga’s being ancient kings to Lizardfolk, Troglodytes, and Yuan-Ti perhaps on another continent where they live in relative peace since they have conquered all the ‘ape-kin’ there. But I digress, the mini itself is nice. I really love the color choices here. The blue and white looks so good that I’ll be stealing it as quickly as I can to put on a mini. The face is a little non-descript for my tastes, and I don’t like the faux hawk on the top of the head, but overall it’s a really nice looking mini. Again if it is cheap on the secondary market, i.e. Auggies, it will most likely be a MUST BUY.
- Tomorrow is another episode of Careers In Evil. I think Ms. Madam X is going to be the guest again as neither David nor myself really made an effort to secure another. With all the recent changes in Davey’s love life I’m sure we’ll have plenty of things to cover.
- Saturday was a ‘Family Affair’ as we celebrated Lee’s birthday. My nephew and niece seemed to be elated to be visiting. It’s a shame we don’t see them more often, but ‘thems the breaks’. I was burned out with listening to some of the negativity that takes place off and on. When someone is not there to defend themselves or give their side of a tale I think it is in poor taste to persist beating that dead horse. So I’m sure I came off as disinterested or perhaps even aloof by the end of the night. In all honesty my hip and leg was KILLING me by the time I called it a night and headed inside. It was a good day, the food was tasty, the company was entertaining, and it was nice to host.

You know I’m reasonably sure there was something more I wanted to go on and on about, but I can’t for the life of me think of it. Oh well…

“She says she loves these United States of America
and the flag for which it stands, of thee I sing
And she tells me she's a liar but I don't believe her
She'll tell me almost anything

Placin' your bet on a horse that never left the gate now
got nothin' left on your plate
but it's better than walkin' around
lookin' for another man to subjegate
better than wondering what it was she just ate

Did I make a mistake when I turned it on?
Was my dance pattern right?
Was my dance pattern wrong?
Did I make a mistake when I sang the song?
Was my vox too sexy?
Was my vox too strong?

Now you navigate your way around the treacherous terrain
try not to step in the Darvocet and the Novocaine
and you're stuck in the corner listening to some guy talk about his screenplay
and the crazy things he did one night in Spain

Did I make a mistake when I turned it on?
Was my dance pattern right?
Was my dance pattern wrong?
Did I make a mistake when I sang the song?
Was my vox too sexy?
Was my vox too strong?

My dance pattern is everything that matters to me
The blood splatters, you should see the suckas scatter
Man it really is a sight to see

Well we've seen the years go by
but it seems we've reached the end of the line
And there ain't no happy ending
when you're constantly pretending
that the good lord ripped you out of my side

and this time there are no feelings
and it feels like there's no time
and it feels like it's time to let my feelings do some talking
some time, every time, every time I dance with you

Did I make a mistake when I turned it on?
Was my dance pattern right?
Was my dance pattern wrong?
Did I make a mistake when I sang the song?
Was my vox too sexy?
Was my vox too strong?

Did I make a mistake when I turned it on?
Was my dance pattern right?
Was my dance pattern wrong?
Did I make a mistake when I sang the song?
Was my vox too sexy?
Was my vox too strong?”


* = That's for you 'Princess'....

No comments:

Post a Comment