* = Oh 'That Guy From Harlem' only YOU understand how to get a lady all hot and bothered...
You know I was going to be SO busy today. My schedule was relatively full of things that ‘Had’ to get done. I’d booked things out at the request of folks who ‘needed’ me to set aside a day to get some guidance. It always amazes me then when these people then don’t show up or in this case call in an hour and a half late because you had a lasagna emergency I tend to not be very ‘helpful’. I mean if it was a lasagna emergency at work I might make some adjustments and ‘make it happen’. However when you call to let me know that you had a lasagna emergency at home, and forgot to call me well then I’m sorry but other folks have taken up my precious time and you’ll need to reschedule. You know I expect this type of crap from our rank and file, but from middle management it only serves to piss me off.
I’ve been on a bit of a Rifftrax tear of late. I finished ‘That Guy From Harlem’ (4 Honkeys out of 5), and it is as amazing as it sounds.
Whose ready for another miniature preview? WHA!? Well you’re going to get it regardless. You’re going to get it and LIKE IT! It’s time for another week’s worth of Shattered Star previews;
Just writing that MAKES me want to hear The Darkest Of The Hillside Thickets song ‘Sounds Of Tindalos’ DESPERATELY, so desperately in fact that I’m going to just give you your damn…
- My copy of Dave Gross’ new Pathfinder Tales book, ‘Queen Of Thorns’, came in the mail.
- Movie-A-Thon on Friday! On the docket are; Nightmare City, The Tomb Of The Blind Dead, and a variety of 70’s movie trailers. I’m pumped!
- On a side note I’m also reading ‘House Of Leaves’ by Mark Z. Danielewski. You were right Zack, it’s dense, disturbing, off putting, tense, and chock full of dread. It never ceases to make you uncomfortable all the while dragging you deeper into its embrace. This book is a trap.
- I’ve watched a crap load of Horror Movies this scary movie season, most of which were old school Hammer flicks, but I have to say that even though I heap tons of praise on the following two flicks re-watching them never ceases to amaze me about how good they both are; Romero’s Dawn Of The Dead (the original) and the 2004 remake of Salem’s Lot. Both are just outstanding and really made my day on Tuesday when I was recovering from ‘issues’.
- Disney owns Star Wars now. I’m honestly not sure how I feel about this.
- I came out this morning and someone had gone to my neighbors across the streets lawn and put a ‘Vote No’ (For the state ‘Marriage’ Act) sign in their yard. How do I know it wasn’t them?
- The Venture Brothers Halloween Special (***** out o 5) only served to wet my appetite for more episodes. C’mon Cartoon Network don’t make me beg. OR threaten…
- Greater Than Games is doing a Kickstarter for their game Sentinels Of The Multiverse. I’m VERY intrigued. It’s a co-op game, it’s got super heroes, and you fight against the deck. Not to mention it’s got high marks on Board Game Geek. I think they might get some cash from me on this Kickstarter.
- Since I’m kicking out some Kickstarter ‘shout outs’ let me do the obligatory DCM Tidal Wave Redeux. GO GIVE THEM YOUR MONEY!
- Snow on Friday? WTF! I’m not ready for this. Seriously. I have leaves to mulch, there is still mulch from the great tree felling of 2012 to put in the bin, and I don’t want to shovel just yet. Oh and it’s NOT EVEN THANKSGIVING! So from me to you Winter, can you be a pal and hold off for about 30 more days? Thanks so much, ass.
- Perhaps today I’ll get off my dead behind and get some more of that story converted for the Radio Drama.
- I miss you David…
I think that’s enough mindless drivel for one day…
Pop 'em down
Hear the sounds
Struggle not to be free
Tell us all what you see
Can you sense that we're here
You've got nothing to fear
You'll be fine
As you're sucked back in time
Are the walls of the house fading in, fading out?
Are you near?
Are you far?
Can you tell where you are?
Are you trapped?
Are you free?
Can you see everything?
Is it black?
Is it gone?
Can you sense what's beyond?
Take a step further back
Just a peek through the crack
Are they force?
Are they space?
Are they dead or awake?
Are they far?
Are they near?
Do they feed on your fear?
Is it life inchoate?
Is it hate concentrate?
From the corners and bends do they strike yet again and again?”
* = RUN! It's a F'Ning OWLBEAR!