* = Blogger was hatin' yesterday so I've had to go back in and add pictures today, sorry. As for the pic, it just goes to show that our Careers In Evil Podcast is SO interesting even Business Cat wants 'In'....
I wrote this entire blog yesterday, it was morose, long, and rambling regarding how frustrating I find people. It went into my normal meandering dissertation on friendship/Friendship and why I struggle with it, as well as going after myself for all the crap that I don’t like about myself. It is par for the course by now. For some reason I like to re-hash this subject ad nausea. So I was moody, frustrated, and felt crappy yesterday.
In fact I was short with folks who I do like and care about because I felt miserable. I didn’t realize how bad I felt till we got in the car and Cassandra uttered the ‘you look terrible’ line. By the time we got home I realized how right she was. I felt horrible, and then had the seizure that had been waiting on deck for the entire day. It sucked.
However after it was over I felt a lot better. In fact today, mood wise, I feel pretty damn good. Physically I feel awful, but ‘them’s the brakes’. I felt so good last night I spent like an hour on the phone with David mocking his pain and suffering over ladies, and just generally being annoying. He laughed in-between his utterances of hate so it was ok. So I’m beginning to think these mood swings that I sometimes have that leave me feeling emotionally and mentally crappy might just be pre-cursors to a physical issue. Maybe this is my body dealing with the intense headaches that feel like someone is scooping out my brain through my right eye socket with a soup spoon. I get tired, irritable, sad, and apathetic because physically I’m on the verge of breaking down.
The seizures used to scare me, a lot in fact. What I’ve realized over time is that after getting through the physical exhaustion, soreness, and elastic limb feeling the 48 hours after I generally feel a lot better. It is sort of like the Phoenix, not Jean Grey, rising from the ashes. So today I’m tired, sore, and a little wobbly, but I’m also feeling much more my gregarious self. Go figure.
I finished reading Bruce Cordell’s first book in the Abolethic Sovereignty, Plague Of Spells (*** ½ out of 5).
It was another week so we were greeted with another round of Shattered Star miniatures preview!
Bringing up the rear this week is the Fire Giant. My heart is swooning. This is the perfect ‘Warrior’ to all the other Fire Giants I already own; in fact I hope it is a Common so I can get two to three of them. I like the bronzed armor, the cracked black skin, and that raging face calling out the PC’s DOOM! The mini is just full of character and I dig that. If I had to complain about anything it is the spikes on the shoulder pads. The only people who should EVER be allowed to do that are the Road Warriors, and Hawk is dead. Modern fantasy folks, less can be more, don’t fall victim to the ‘Grim Dark’ of Games Workshop, we do NOT need skulls and spikes everywhere to tell me something is E-V-I-L-! Otherwise this mini is fantastic and a ‘MUST BUY’!
I’m sure I had more to talk about, but I can’t for the life of me remember what that is, SO….
- Since the CHIKARA & Painting Night I’ve got another ten to fifteen minis done. I’ve got another six or seven on the verge of being finished. I’m finding that retreating to the basement, throwing on some CHIKARA and just painting is sort of relaxing, its better when I have someone or someone’s to do this with, but even alone it isn’t bad. I’m almost through King Of Trios 2009, and it is fantastic! I need to make some steady progress before March and the MUTHA LOAD of minis arrives. Anyone know how to ‘Pin’ miniatures, I have some who need it and don’t know how to do it.
- It sounds as if there is going to be a once a month Doctor Who group that is starting from the beginning of the series. I am excited to be a part of it.
- On a side note it appears El Generico signed with WWE.
- Fuck you THQ! My WWE ’13 won’t work and that pisses me off. Release a patch you stupid bastards.
- I’ve got to find a way to distance myself from folks who just are able to pull at me in ways that I don’t like. I set myself up for these frustrations and stresses, I over invest and care WAY too much about stuff. To the point that it effects my health. It is so messed up, half the time I want to have ALL my friends/Friends over and hang out to the wee hours of the night, the rest of the time I want to hide out in a cave and never come out.
- Cassandra made Meatloaf last night that made my heart smile.
- Cusack-A-Thon on Friday night! I’m pumped to watch Better Off Dead.
I had more to say, but it escapes me today, I think I’m just too worn out post seizure. Maybe a night of board games and pizza with my wife will get the pep back in my step.
“Curse with me
Profane and discreet
Make her move
Cross veins and chamomile
Soft and sweet
In crowskin overcoat
Save your breath
This may be the last
There is no novelty here on the earth
Forever threadbare and faded
Drunken and arcane...
Curse the day
There's rotgutted whiskey in ladies
For to ease the pain...
Or drown away
You've crushed all the bones and the cradles
All along the way...
Along the way”
* = Dewey, whos is a Scientist & the #1 fan of the Careers In Evil Podcast (SHAMELESS PLUGS!), made this diagram to illustrate an e-mail conversation between himself, David, and myself. It made me weep tears of joy.