* = I could go for some 'vegetables' then Ron.
I figured I should blog today, for no other reason than to stick to my once a week schedule. I was trying to think of a theme or an idea to build around and frankly I just have zilch. SO I’m just going to bust out my ‘go to move’ and see where it takes us. Steel thyself for some…
- I’m trying to avoid the saturation of the Boston Marathon Bombing until there is some real information. I have no need to wallow in the minutia of speculation and the looping cycle of footage where people lost their lives. To paraphrase the band TOOL, ‘We Like To Watch Things Die’. It seems to be part of our culture now, and I really want no part of it. It’s a sad event, but there are tons of sad events daily and they don’t get the same type of attention, because they don’t happen ‘here’. Our nationalism is a terrifying thing when it’s in full effect; I only hope that he war drum isn’t the first thing we beat after we find out just who perpetrated this.
- Last night we had a version of beer cheese soup chock full of roasted veggies and potatoes. It was delicious.
- On a lighter note I found some painted versions of four of the BIG BOYS from the Reaper Bones Kickstarter. So as I await my package to arrive, hopefully early in May, let’s take a gander.
- Friday is the first Movie-A-Thon we haven’t hosted in over 2 years. Thank you David for taking the reins.
- Last Thursday we had the first meeting of the 3rd D&D Group. The turnout was a bit smaller than anticipated, but it was full of vigor. Mick, Peter, and the new guy Jason really have brought a solid idea to the table; an Evil Campaign built upon the idea of being Underdark Conquistadors. The ‘Evil’ part was theirs, the Conquistadors angle was mine, and then we organically came to the idea of having them trying to conquer the Underdark. It’s a brilliantly simplistic idea that has a TON of mileage. Upon Jason’s brilliant suggestion I am starting to peruse Paizo’s Kingmaker Adventure Path for some ideas on how to add in some of the ‘up keep’ of maintaining a ‘kingdom’. I’m intrigued to see how the relationships between the PC’s shape up as we go along being that they will all be of an alignment that really has no moral compunctions about betrayal and murder. I have over a month to get the first adventure ready and I think I’m starting to already put those wheels in motion.
- We finished the latest season of the American version of Being Human the other day on the DVR. I can now say that this version has finally eclipsed the original. Good stuff.
- For the small contingent of folks who read this drivel and share in my love of wrestling, you should check this match out. I was blown away, and I want to hear the thoughts of other fans;
- Saturday was the 2nd D&D Group’s 2nd session and our first casualty. Gleb The Exile, Zack’s mighty Goliath Barbarian fell to a hail of point blank Goblin arrows.
- I must grill this Saturday, I must.
- Another week another set of Pathfinder Skull & Shackles previews!
- I’ve been listening heavily to the Sex Nerd Sandra Podcast on the Nerdist Network. It is really interesting.
- That seizure feeling has me in its grip today, I’m almost typing with my eyes shut. It’s led me to make some place that pays me adjustments, but more than anything it has led me to have to cancel an ‘Event’ tonight. What’s the worst is I don’t want to. I don’t want to let that person down, and I know I am. I’m afraid that person feels the same way. I feel miserable, but letting folks down has me feeling even worse. How do you explain to folks that you can feel that you are going to lose control of your body at any moment? How do I accurately explain that it feels like someone is driving an old piece of rusty brass through my eye with a hammer slowly? How can I make that person understand that every time I feel this way it scares the shit out of me? I can’t and it is awful. Worse it makes me feel like an awful Friend and person.
That’s all I can stand today.
* = My brain feels like this today if everyone in the photo suddenly woke up and realized they were naked on top of strangers...