Wednesday, September 4, 2013
Heaven Can Wait Vs. The Parallax View
* = Just an inkling of today's subject matter...
I had been debating in my head how I wanted to write this blog. Sometimes it’s hard to remember that once you say or do something that it no longer belongs to you, for better or worse, it belongs to all who perceive your actions or words. If I say or type something the intent can be lost very quickly in the thought process, perception, and emotions of the person who gets that information from me. So I am trying to be better about seeing that, remembering that, and planning for it. Operative word is ‘try’.
Today will not be one of those days. Today’s blog will be one where I’m just going to say what I want to say, mean it, and let people take it anyway they want.
I am not speaking in hyperbole when I say HOLY S*$T have we got to know some amazing people lately; just crazy nice, friendly, outgoing, and incredible people. I have to give a lot of credit to Mick who introduced us to some new people, most of which are in the 3rd D&D Group. A few of them are people we met through the place that graces us with a paycheck every two weeks. Another group has been through the creation of the League Of Extraordinary Wrestling Gentlemen, Inc., an organization that I was lucky enough to be part of at its advent.
Oh and on a side note, this isn’t meant as a slight to like Mighty Mike, the C-Fish, or the King Ghidorah Of Friendship that is the Tiny Yeti, Lady Christy, or El Bobert-O. Those folks are still amazing, but I really felt like I needed to point out some things that meant a lot to me on a personal level of late. You know beyond the fact that most of these folks seem to be able to tolerate my Ginger Rage.
At work we’ve gotten to know Kyle, who will be on the new Podcast(s) soon more on that later, Julie, & the Uncanny Lo-Ro. I have had a personal rule that I don’t make friends at work, Joe was the exception and only because he went on internship. I mainly did this because at my last place of work I was friends with a LOT of people, but once I left I sort of was no longer in the loop. It was no one’s fault, but it happened. Those people were/are great and when they weren’t as active in my life anymore it hurt. So I made a commitment to not have that happen anymore. Julie is extremely friendly and openly Nerdy so we hit it off quickly and somehow, some way she got me to run 2nd Group D&D. I still think she has magic powers that she used to bewitch me. Through her I met Edgar & Tiffany who fall into that above category of ‘You are so cool I don’t know why you’d even want to hang out with me’.
Alright let’s hit up some…
- I learned Saturday that Kaiju movies are good, but Kaiju moves with lots of alcohol, great food, better company, and riotous humor is the BEST.
- We grilled Monday and it was glorious. I’m so glad this heat wave is over and we can back to some fall type temps.
- I really need to get those Bones bent soon; they can’t stay in dining room forever.
- It sounds like at the end of this month we’ll be doing our 3rd Annual Driveway Food War! This year it’ll be BACON! So you can make any dish it JUST has to have bacon in it. I am currently contemplating trying to get some either thick cut bacon or maybe even a bit of pork belly and cooking it REALLY slow. Then I’ll glaze that, put it on a kebab with some dried apricots that I’m thinking rehydrating in some wine, and some heavily seasoned chicken. I’d probably finish it with a chiffonade of fresh basil and maybe a balsamic reduction. That sounds fancy pants, don’t it? Well I have a title to defend and since I haven’t won Trivia Death Match, YET(!), I have to get my pride where I can.
I think I’m rambled enough today…
“With your long blonde hair
and your eyes of blue
The only thing I ever got from you
to spend my money
You're out there playing your high class games of sorrow
You never do what you know you oughta
Something tells me
you're a Devil's daughter
Ahhhh, ah, ahhhh
I tried to find her
'Cause I can't resist her
(I tried to find her)
With your long blonde hair and your eyes of blue
The only thing I ever got from you was sorrow
With your long blonde hair
With your long blonde hair”