Sorry it took so long to get this up, but I'm lazy. Anything new is italicized. If you are going to attend the upcoming third session please read this and start to formulate your own ideas on what you'd like to add to the time line and the world itself.
Year 0 (Start) - Godbirth
- The Unseen agents of the Unseemly Tome chronicle the adventures of the heroes from Godbirth to the New Age. They become 'The Watchers'.
Year 2 - Exodus
- The plane is open once again to two way interplanar travel that had been closed previously. The ancient blue wyrm Gorgel wanted what Oxaclic now had, Godhood. So he traveled across the cosmos itself to the home world of 'The Others' and the two engaged in a titanic struggle. In the end Oxaclic proved to be too powerful, took Gorgel's Godshards as his own, and petrified Gorgel as well as the resurrected Angel of Binding that had once held Gorgel in Pelor's prison. Both stand as ominous reminders of the power of Oxaclic.
- At the same time the city of Braugheim is founded in what is now known as The Twilight Kingdoms by Demere Bloodsworn, a Cleric of Braug. The Twilight Kingdoms are on the edge of the perilous Frozen Wastes. Braugheim became a bastion for all demi-humans.
- Year 10 - Roxy, the Goddess of Dying, calls all the birds to her in the Shadowfell. There she challenges Uwain, the God of Death & Judgement, to a game to determine who will 'hold' the Raven Queen's citadel. Through trickery and guile Roxy win and renames the citadel 'The Avery'. Across from it Uwain constructs 'The Hall Of Judgement Eternal' in response.
- The Pixie Priestess to Gorgel, Janx, bears him a Godling child; Thane Gorgel, The Trickster.
In order to deal with both the influx and escape of beings from the Known World to other Planes powerful Banishment spells were constructed in order to give those proficient in magic to expel Extra Planar creatures from the Known World.
- Year 35 - Valthenom, a Dragonborn alchemist and biologist, begins to experiment with different ways to fill the biological hole left in the ecosystem with the loss of the bird populace. He creates 30 new breeds of Drakes, which she dedicates to her god Caellius, the deity of Greed, Dragons, and their kin. She effectively saves the ecosystem of the world and in the process becomes the patron saint of Agriculture.
- The Get of Yeenoghu finally re-emerge into the Known World like a plague. In response Oxaclic closes the open portals to the Abyss, including the massive stationary hurricane known as the Maw.
Year 100 - The Hordes Of Kurnusk 'Break' Civilization
- The Goddess Alora convinces the God of War, Fenric Mistfang, to marshal forces to stop the Orcish God of Slaughter, Kurnusk, from inspiring his 'Hordes' to decimate the Known World. Alora uses the argument that if Kurnusk's 'Horde' is allowed to fullfill his will then they won't just leave the future barren of knowledge, but of war itself.
- Fenric agrees to ally himself with the Goddess of Knowledge, Alora, but in exchange she had to bear him a son. Olaf Fenricson, the Godling of Espionage is born from this union.
Year 235 - The Industrial De-Evolution
- A land grab is made by the Dwarves of the North which in turn drives the Kobolds from the Mountains and into the arms of 'The Chosen', the followers of Tharump.
- Svetlana Winterbourne, a Paladin of Oxaclic, starts a crusade harrying across Toland's Swamp. She is repudiated by the Church of Oxaclic, and Oxaclic himself. She becomes an Anti-Paladin swearing herself to Tharump. She founds Winterbourne Keep on the edge of the Twilight Kingdoms.
- The indigent Kobold tribes become the slaves of 'The Chosen'.
- Karlot the Undying outlaws the worship of Alora in his archipelago kingdom and with the Maw no longer to slow his forces he launches a full scale naval war against the continent of Raduenz.
- Alora convinces Kithri, the minor Goddess of the Sea & Adventurers, to inspire her followers from around the Known World, and from Raduenz especially, to join forces and drive Karlot's forces back to his isles.
Year 250 - The War Of The Chosen Vs. The Dwarves
- 'The Chosen' begin to openly persecute the worship of the Dwarven minor God of Libation & Consumption, Destinky.
- The Sorceror Vork has his corpse discovered in his Tower of High Magic. Beside his body is the Tome Of Unseemly Truths. A massive volume on his musings, spells, and the history he watched unfold.
- The Turning (Year 300) - Gred Tourgard, Dwarven General & devote follower of Georgee the Dwarven God of light, fate, & devotion discovers The Arcaneum. This discovery begins to slowly change the tide of the war against 'The Chosen'.
- Year 309 - An Elven Lord named Lodi Reinier sets in motion 'The Great Betrayal' by impregnating a Drow Priestess during an attempt at forging a lasting peace. He demanded possession of the child once the negotiations broke down, when she refused he started to put a genocidal plan in place. Only 5 people in the entire Elven Homelands know this fact while this information is constantly spread throughout Drow culture, especially with 'The Light Bringers', as an example of the duplicitous nature of their 'Strange Cousins From The West'.
- The Great Betrayal (Year 310) - The Elves of teh surface declare absolute war on the Drow, first in the Underdark, then upon 'The Light Thieves', the Drow who have dwelt on the surface since the sun was blotted out. This war is prosecuted in secret and becomes known as 'The Shadow War'.
- The Godling of Kobolds, Deakin, delivers the Kobolds from slavery and back into the Mountain, their Promised Land. Plagues follow in their wake.
- Rari, Priest of Georgee, implores the Goddes Alora to grant the Dwarves the knowledge to finally win the war. She gives to them the knowledge of Black Powder.
- The End Of The War (Year 350) - A year's worth of Dwarven victories culminates in Avatars of Georgee, Alora, & Destinky arriving at the Battle of the Bastion of Thorns and destroys the the army of Yong The Forsaken, religious leader of Tharump. This effectively ends the conflict.
Year 300 - Alora's Enlightenment
- The massive repository for all knowledge forever more as Alora's Arcaneum is opened.
- Year 317 - Anders Renvic weilds the legendary ax Grunblobutte to slay the legendary Black Kraken. The blood of the Black Kraken coagulates after its death into the continent of Akano.
- The bard Olivia Bloodhawk, a devout follower of the Masquerade, begins a long tour of the Masquerade's holy brothels. Her performances causes lascivious, spontaneous outbursts that spill into the streets of cities and villages everywhere she performs. This causes a massive spike in conversions to the worship, both publicly and privately, of The Red Lady.
- The Goddess Alora establishes a Council Of Wyrms to promote knowledge across The Known World and to defend The Arcaneum.
- In secret The Council Of Wyrms begins formulating plans to "End All War". The God of War, Fenric Mistfang becomes aware of this conspiracy, he is displeased to say the least.
Year 310 - The Rise Of The Masquerade/The Sexual Revolution
- Brothels spread in both construction and use across the Known World.
- King Adoril Tividar of the Tividar Dynasty becomes dominated by a member of the Masquerade. He then starts a campaign putting all Dwarven children to death. Tividar blames this new policy in his lands on a prophetic vision from the God Tharump.
- Worship in the Godlings Destinky, Aldus, & Babu Bali increases exponentially causing them to ascend to minor Godhood.
- The new minor Gods, Aldus & Destinky, create an elixir and a holy band both known as 'The Cure'. This is known to eliminate STD's and even improves 'performance'. It is soon discovered though that the improvements are not permanent, and ongoing treatments must be taken to prevent relapse.
- The Priest of Alora, Phineuas Longwood, starts a reformation movement in the Church of Alora by casting the Masquerade in the light of 'Plague Mongers'. This leads to a religious schism within Alora's followers.
Year 400 - Rise Of The Elves
- Valia and The Red Lady, duel Goddesses of Chaos, Deception, & Domination, finally merge into one Goddess, this drives The Red Lady mad.
- Year 413 - Naria Destinky, and Eldarin offspring of the Goddess Alora and the Minor God Destinky, begins to bring the Elven tribes together in an attempt to create a 'Homeland'.
- Year 425 - The Godling Evita creates an Elven Homelands she dubs Argn Tinna. This response to the chaos spread by the Masquerade leads to this state within the Elven Homelands to be a lawful Paladin state.
- Year 450 - The Concupiscent Knights Of The Red Lady further spread the worship of their mistress through their own unique way.
Year 490 - Discovery Of The Treasure Of The Ancients
- Half of the legendary Treasure of the Ancients turns out to cursed. Its discovery unleashes a great deal of ancient Evil back into the world.
- The Cask Of Unending Ale becomes a holy relic of Destinky. It is renamed The Ale Of Resounding. Drinking enough from it can allow one to directly commute with Destinky.
- Year 515 - The Drahjar unearth the remains of 'The Others' satellite and usurp the former lands known as the 5 Baronies. The form The Tellos Republic, a fascist state built on the backs of science and the accumulation of the 'Technology of the Ancients'.
- Year 565 - The Mother Of Monsters is destroyed by the hero Kumo Fu-To. In the process the Jade Isles becomes whole again creating The Jade Dominion. This land of city states falls under the watchful eye of Her Most Honorable Celestial Sovereign, who just happens to be a Gold Dragon.
Year 500 - God Fall
- Georgee, Alora, Oxaclic, and a group of minor Gods work together to cast Tharump down to the Known World itself. He falls literally into the Underdark and he then takes it as his domain, allowing him to remain a major Deity.
- In the Fall of Tharump the very surface of The Known World, and especially the continent of Raduenz, is drastically altered.
- Shortly after his fall, Tharump's Basilica Of Pain follows his descent into the Underdark.
Year 550 - Owlbear Infestation Of The Underdark
- Davrakas Kadlin, a Tiefling Warlock, experiments with beasts of the world in the Underdark. History will show that is excellent at creating new strains of magical beasts, but is NOT good at containing his creations. In his experiments in the Year 550 he uses a bad bootleg copy of The Tome Of Unseemly Truths, this would prove to be a disastrous mistake.
- And especially enterprising group of Dwarven miners find a way to capture and convert these mutating Owlbears into a massive labor force in their mining.
Year 575 - The Dwarves Of Bright Vale Dig To Deep
- Year 580 - The Dwarven miners of Bright Vale stumble across an underground paradise that is the domain of a godling named Convincing John. With his vast powers of persuasion he convinces each group of miners who come into his home "to give up their dig and dance their cares away". The remainder of the Dwarves who avoid the lands of Convincing John refer to their lost brethren as 'Fraggles'.
- Year 582 - Convincing John gets the ear of the Jarl Of Bright Vale, Kadlin Wyvernjack, to continue his Owlbears to dig deeper. He wants them to find something he refers to as 'The Rock', he claims it is his personal nirvana and will bring them all bliss.
- This rapid descent into the Underdark in the name of prophet allows Tharump to re-ascend. the Bright Vale is destroyed and becomes the Night Veil.
Year 600 - Dragon Uprising
- Olaf Fenricson assassinates Toma Pholt, the Eladrin head librarian of The Arcaneum. He blames this act on the Dragons that make up the Council Of Wyrms.
- The conspiring Dragons and their allies begin to scour the continent for gold, magical items, and forbidden knowledge creating massive hoards. In their wake they leave desolation.
- The Arcaneum is moved to The Vale Of Knowledge in the newly created Elven Homelands in an effort to save it from the rogue Dragons.
- Olaf Fenricson is captured and is held in the bowels of The Arcaneum after being captured by his own mother, the Goddess Alora.
- Year 735 - Caraga Orcslayer and his mystical ax, Grumblebutt, destroys the Citadel Discordia on the edge of the Twilight Kingdoms. In the process he slays 53 high ranking Priests of Tharump.
- The Dragons dangerously close to rediscovering the location of The Arcaneum. The adventurer Felina communes with the Godling of Wind, Shabon. He teaches her the Secrets Of The Wind. This technique allows her to ground the Dragons from flight, so that they can be collared.
- The End Of The Dragon Uprising (Year 800) - Alora develops magical collars to transform the Dragon conspirators. This collar traps them in human and demi-human form. This action severs her relationship with Dragons and Dragon-kin, and ends the 1st Council Of Wyrms.
- Coda To The End Of The Dragon Uprising (Year 800) - In the Arcaneum's Vault Of Forbidden Knowledge and again in The Tome Of Unseemlie Truths information becomes available that it was the god Caellius that secretly allied with the goddess Alora to collar his 'wayward children' to their 'unrestrained greed'.
Year 900 - The Age Of Peace
- The Schism Of Chaste in the Church of Alora finally ends. This re-unites the followers of the Goddess of Knowledge.
- Year 921 - The Night Of The Broken Tusks - The Half-Orc Harung Tuk, a charismatic neo-fascist, incites a night long attempt at genocide in teh city of Long Tide. In the wake of this bloody insurrection Tuk and his followers take the city and create a bastion for Half-Orcs.
Year 950 - The Renaissance Of The Dwarves
Year 1,000 (The End) - The New Age
It was a good session, but not quite as productive as the initial session. My goal is to get two rounds in this Friday night, so come ready to THROW DOWN!