Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Under Your Skin Vs. You're Not You

Oh the plans I had.  Things had been going pretty well of late.  There had been small health hiccups, but mainly it was just feeling run down with a flu.  Sunday we played 2nd Group D&D and all seemed well.  Then on the way home I felt like I got hit by a bus.  I had a seizure in the car out of the blue.  It was pretty nasty.


Then once we got home I had a few more.  These weren't the clench and shake either.  These were far more violent.  These were more like the ones that I had gotten through years ago.  These were longer, more intense, and have left me a mess.  I can't seem to think, I can't seem to speak intelligently for very long even though I have the words in my head, and man does my body hurt.  It seriously hurts.  Bad.


I'm not sure what brought this on.  I usually feel them coming.  This was just out of the blue and has smashed me like a wave on the shore.  I am recovering, but it is beyond tedious, slow, and frustrating.  I'm not sure how to process this setback.  Getting through today is extremely difficult.  I'm stiff and extremely sore, I'm trying to think through this fog, but feel like I can't get words put together and therefor really don't want to talk to anyone.  I just want to go back to sleep.

Tomorrow will be better.  The day after that will be even better.  Well after the snow blowing and tiny bit of shoveling I have to survive.  I have to remain positive.  I have to keep looking forward.  I don't have any choice.

Ugh, enough of this, let's just do some....

RANDOM CRAP!
- I had to postpone tonight's Heel Turn Radio & Insecurity Blanket Podcast.  Sorry.  Well maybe not.  Honestly, I'm not sure.  I was dreading shoveling and snow blowing tonight.  Not stressing, but just dreading finding the energy to push through what has to be done.  It's hard to hype yourself up when you feel miserable.  Then I get this picture. 
The Beard, my Tag Team Partner, showed up and shoveled.  He didn't have to, no one asked him to, he just did it because that's who he is.  I talk a lot about how important my Friends are to my life, and they are.  I think I forget sometimes just how generous they are with their time, their imaginations, their effort, their finances, with everything.  I may not be in the best of shape in a lot of ways, but in the Friendship department I am better off than anyone else.  Thank you all.  And ESPECIALLY, The Beard!

- Thank the Gawds for the snow blower.  Without it I never would have been ok letting Cassandra attack the driveway last night.

- While I was down and out I found myself watching a crazy amount of Kamen Rider on YOUTube of late and am fascinated by it. 
Couple that with re-watching old Gamera flicks and I have an insatiable desire to run an Apocalypse World hack that takes the best of Kaiju, Sentai, & Henshin tropes and combines them into complete insanity.  This blog has some nice initial thoughts on it.  I may need some help with this if anyone is interested.  Oh and if you aren't overly familiar with Kamen Rider then you should go check it out.  It is insane.  And by 'insane' I mean it is totally beautiful, over the top, and encapsulates like every single thing that I enjoy.

- I really need to see the mid-1990's Gamera flicks now.  Seriously, like right now.

- As I sat there yesterday trying to do anything not to allow my discomfort become my sole focus I started knocking out some LEGOs. 


I have to say Chinese blocks on Ebay are the best.  I know they aren't true LEGO's, but they are basically the same, they are MEGA cheap, and have a lot of interesting things going on.  So I knocked out four mech style sets as I watched wild Kamen Rider movies on YOUTube.  The articulation in each of these sets is outstanding.  The Ninjago sets were solid, and the Captain America mech is good, BUT the Bruce Banner mech is truly fantastic.  It has articulation, bulk, and was a joy to build.  It doesn't hurt that the Bruce Banner minifigure is awesome.

- I wish I could curl into a ball right now.

- Lucha Underground season 2 started and it is glorious.  Season 3 is now confirmed and I am giddy.  The premiere set the tone, but left so much to the imagination. 


We have the carry over of the big plot points from last season; Mil Muertes WINS everything, Vampiro is crazy and not to be trusted, Dario Cueto is still out there doing El Jefe type stuff, Pentagon, Jr. hates people's arms a LOT, the dysfunctional trio are crazy over, and Prince Puma is LU's Jern Tatersalad without being lame.  The thing is we didn't get a lot of anything new even though we have guys like "The King Of DONG Style" Joey Ryan, PJ Black, & Rey Mysterio Jr. on the docket this season.  And I think that is the HUGE difference between almost everything else and LU.  The story leaves me clamoring for more, in fact I'm starving for more.

I wish I had more to say, but honestly it's all just me being mopey and hurty.  And no one wants to listen to or read any more of that crap.  OH and remember to VOTE!


No comments:

Post a Comment