The following synopsis of a scene from the latest issue of Green Lantern & is just a simple example why I LOVE(s) me some comics;
“Guy (Gardner) found the Black Lantern Anti-Monitor inside the black power battery, and brings the unified corps down for some help. Noting that Dove has magical bug-zapping powers, they decide to make her quite the unique tool. Wrapping her in a green energy bullet, they load her into the yellow sniper rifle of a giant cockroach, through squares of all the other light, and into the forehead of the undead ruler of an alternate universe that has been destroyed and reborn itself.”
I just thought the world should know that.
- We raked yesterday. It sucked. That is all.
- Question: Now that football and college basketball are done do you even care anymore?
- I made a hastily thrown together Teryaki merinade last night for some chicken, I’m hoping to grill tonight once we escape the black hole of employment. Even if I have to sit under the freakin’ edge of the garage and do it, I want some grilled chicken dammit.
- Question: Better PS2 video game; X-Men Legends II OR Champions Of Norath?
- If I can get off my dead ass this week I need to get the weapons and hair painted on my minis. I’ve been SUPER on task with this project and now that I’m towards the end I can’t flake out.
- Question: Do you like what you do for a living? Do you feel you are valued? Do you think you work harder, longer for less?
- I’m exhausted, cranky, and itching for a confrontation. It’s a PERFECT day for the ‘boss of bosses’ to get demanding. Not only demanding, but also demanding of ridiculous things. You know sometimes it just doesn’t pay to get out of bed.
- Question: If you won a million dollars would you keep your job?
- I’ve finished all my R.E.H. books currently and now it’s back to Clark Ashton Smith, I really need to finish “Rendezvous In Averoigne”.
- Question: It’s your ‘Last Meal’ what do you eat?
- F’ Duke! I for the life of me can’t figure out how one school can get every friggin’ call. I barely watched the game because I knew the outcome was already predetermined. I do appreciate that Duke has a great coach, passionate fans, and constantly gets very good players, BUT I still hate them. Hate them with the white-hot passion of a 1,000 suns.
- Question: If you had to recommend one t.v. show what would it be?
- I didn’t get the ‘puter up and running yesterday, but I WILL get it done tonight. I really want to track down the new Doctor Who, and the Solomon Kane flick ASAP.
- Question: Why do they call Gene Simmons ‘Doctor Love’, & just WHY is he the one your thinkin’ of?
- I’ve almost got the three levels of the next D&D session plotted, laid out, and now that leaves getting my DDI ‘on’ so I can get it stated up. I am really proud of what I’ve come up with. I need to balance the encounters out a bit, settle on treasure parcels, and customize some monsters, but other than that I feel REALLY good about this. Which is good considering that I was worried about leaving the warm confines of the Scales Of War adventure path. All that being said I must say 4E has made doing this a snap, and DDI will make it look pretty.
- Question: Kobolds or Goblins who you got?
- We need color ink so I can FINALLY get Cave Works done.
- Question: Is anyone else hungry for chili?
Well hatin’ won’t do it’s own work…
“We’re all just food that hasn’t died…”