Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Storm Of The Century Vs. Gargoyles


* I love DC teaser images...
Have you seen the T.V. movie from the 70’s Gargoyles (********** out of 5!)? No. Well you should. Right now. Go rent it, Netflix it, whatever it is that you do, you MUST see it. Saturday night was the EMERGENCY Movie-A-Thon, making up for two that had been pre-empted by family issues, on the docket was Gargoyles, Are You Afraid Of The Dark, Duel, & Trilogy Of Terror. Little did any of us know there was a storm a brewin’ in the West. The storm came in and blew out. We made it through Gargoyles, which again I can’t recommend enough, especially if you love butt slappin’, old Johnny Mathis, young Scott Glen, and Gargoyles riding horses. GREAT FLICK! We then got through about a third of Are You Afraid Of The Dark and the power went out. Which was sort of cool, it added to the spooky vibe, but in the end was unfathomably frustrating because it effectively ended what had been a damn fine time. Sure afterwards there was some chatting, due to some drinking the vault was open, and then we ended the night relatively early. I’m not one to complain, but no A.C. sucked ass.

I’m not going to go into the boring details of sitting around sweaty and pissed for the vast majority of the weekend, of cleaning up the yard, and of not getting any sleep, but suffice to say it sucked. I did however manage to finish the second Jim Butcher Dresden Files book, Fool Moon (**** ½ out of 5). If I wasn’t sold on the Dresden Files before, I am now. This was a fantastic little book. The scene with the Loup Garou ripping its way through the police precinct was incredible, and the ending was equally great. This is a book I’d be tempted to pick up and reread right now, that’s how much I enjoyed it. Instead though I’m knee deep in Manly Wade Wellman’s Fear The Devil: The Complete Silver John. Maybe after that I’ll track down the next Dresden book.

Let me clear up a misconception by some of my friends. I am not having a child anytime in the very near future no matter what ever may or may not have been said on “teh Facebook(s)” by people I rarely deal with. Secondly, I’m sorry if you don’t have $150.00 to spend on something as cool as;
- http://www.worldworksgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=114423#114423
For the record it’s $50.00 per set, and yes I’d want at least one of each set. I understand that children or animals, or whatever, sap a lot of your extra income. I really do understand that, but don’t bemoan me for budgeting effectively and being able to grab stuff like this. I was, and am to a degree, really disappointed to hear so much crap from people via e-mail. I get it YOU can’t afford it. I didn’t send it to you to rub it in your face; I sent it to show you something cool. It’s not all about you; it’s all about ME. Talk about pissing on someone’s cornflakes, SHEESH…

Oh and for the record that thing is the coolest thing EVER!

Before I get myself any more alienated or worked up here’s some

RANDOM CRAP

- I find it HI-larious that “Purple Drank” is now a ‘terrifying epidemic in the NFL. For those that don’t know, it’s the mixing of pop or Kool-Aid with codeine cough syrup, or as I knew it in college ‘Robo-ing”. These dudes are R-I-C-H what the hell do they need to get high off prescription meds for? I just don’t get it. If I had that sort of money the last thing I’d want to do is risk it to get high on the ‘Tussin.
- I hate it, H-A-T-E, when people just don’t show up to meetings. It’s disrespectful.
- With the possibility of play testing of the D&D Crawl on Thursday I have some serious DDI work to get done the next three nights. I have to formulate ten PC’s, and do the stats up for all of the monsters in the Dungeon. Not an overwhelming task, but one that is time consuming. We need to mow tonight, so this may get pushed off till Tues. & Wed. night. Nothing better than procrastination.
- Saturday night I was serenaded by a brilliant work by Dave, it was his ballad of Tom Bombadil. It touched my very soul.
- We have the ingredients for Mexican chili that we shamelessly stole from the maven of butter, Paula Dean. I’m hoping we take a shot at cooking it tonight or tomorrow, as it sounds exceptional.

Well being sick & tired of being sick & tired isn’t going to do itself…

"Eldest, that's what I am...Tom remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn...he knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless — before the Dark Lord came from Outside.."

No comments:

Post a Comment