Friday, October 15, 2010

Learning Is NOT For Sucka’ Perpatrators…

Friday = Knowledge

KENNY F*&%!#G POWERS!

So Eastbound & Down season 2 is under way and it is ambitious, dark, mean, and of course a riot. Kenny Powers might be one of the single greatest anti-hero characters in modern history.

CINEMATIC TITANIC: DANGER ON TIKI ISLAND!

So I’m a shill for all things MST3K, so what? Listen as much as I enjoy Rifftrax, and I do, Cinematic Titanic is better. I thought I’d be loathe to admit it as a self-professed “Mike Guy”, but it’s just a little more in line with what I loved about MST3K; old bad movies, lovingly riffed into oblivion.

RIFFTRAX: BATMAN & ROBIN!

All that being said, C’MON! C’MON this is just HI-larious! First off this movie an abomination not just to comic fans but to anyone with a pulse, secondly you get Mike, Bill, & Kevin destroying a ‘film’, and I use that term loosely, that deserves it.

BETRAYAL AT HOUSE ON THE HILL!

So last night we busted out the 2nd Edition (**** out of 5) of this game, and I have to be honest it was no different from the out of print 1st Edition. Don’t look at that as a bad thing, in fact it’s a good thing. This is a game that’s meant to be played with friends, played loud, obnoxious, and with not other agenda but fun. Last night we did that, from threats, to rally hats, to uncomfortable pseudo-back rubs accompanied with the dreaded “Don’t Run From It…” It was a tremendous time reminding me why I love this game.

HAMMER FILMS THE MUMMY

If your at home tonight, have cable, and want to watch a really solid flick then turn into TMC and watch The Mummy (***** out of 5). It’s truly a fantastic version of the classic tale. You get Cushing and Lee, excellent sets, a compelling tale of revenge, and bit of a nasty ending. What more could one ask during October.

How about some

RANDOM CRAP!
- Al Baker’s this evening. I’m going to eat wings as if my life depended on it.
- Oh Joe K., to threaten to expose my blog to those that we share symbiotic employment with is a low blow my friend. I am very proud of you.
- It’s sounding like December’s Marvel SAGA Campaign might be a quiet large. Cassandra, Mike, Dave, and a distinct possibility of Dangerous Dan, Woody, April, and even the enigmatic J.B.
- I wish I had some time to just paint Skeletons this weekend, but that is unfortunately a pipe dream.
- I desperately want sleep…

Since I’m so tired I really need to get my ‘focus on’ to make it through the rest of this hellish day…

“Undaunted, I knew the game was mine to win. Just like in life, all of my successes depend on me. I'm the man who has the ball, I'm the man who can throw it faster than fuck. So that is why I am better than everyone in the world. Kiss my ass and suck my dick. Everyone.”


* = How would you traverse this?

2 comments:

  1. I would traverse it by following my dogs through it and I would absolutely be holding a sword!

    the 2nd edition corrects the 1000000 pages of errata that followed the first release

    ReplyDelete
  2. D.,
    For me it would be while being pulled on a sled by F'Ning POLAR BEARS!

    I agree, last night was super fun.

    ReplyDelete