Friday, March 4, 2011

F-R-I-D-A-Y-!

Do I really need to explain it to you?

CAPTAIN AMERICA!

Holy turds, I was very iffy on this flick, but with every picture I get more and more intrigued. Hugo Weaving looks amazing here as the Red Skull, and there is a picture floating around the Interwebs with him without the full blown Skull outfit holding THE FRIGGIN’ COSMIC CUBE! That’s right we’ll get Cosmic Cube action in the Cap movie. I also read that Whedon’s Avengers flick will have Loki and the Skrulls in it. Marvel is at least doing its movies right.

A GAME OF THRONES!

There is another trailer on the Entertainment Weekly’s website as well. This show is looking fantastic. I’m not a huge fan of ‘dark fantasy’, but I am very intrigued. Perhaps this will be what Cassandra, Dave, Liz, & I get together to watch while True Blood, Walking Dead, &/or The League are between seasons.

ZOMBIE SURVIVAL: THE BOARD GAME!

I think I’m going to pick this up. It’s taking a different tract on the Zombie Game experience. Good stuff.

THURSDAY NIGHTS ON THE COUCH WITH THE WIFE!

It’s been pointed out to me that between Community, Parks & Rec., The Office, & 30 Rock NBC DOMINATES our Thursday nights, so much so we DVR Archer on FX. It’s about the only night where we set aside the night to watch television, although last night NBC had NOTHING new on. That’s fine we watched our DVRed episode of Justified, also on FX, which was outstanding as per usual.

SHEENANIGANS!

Charlie Sheen is F’N NUTS, but highly entertaining, so check this out;
TOP 29 THINGS SHEEN HAS SAID!
1. “I have a disease? Bullshit. I cured it with my brain.”
2. “Winning, anyone? Rhymes with winning. Anyone? Yeah, that would be us. Sorry, man, didn’t make the rules. Oops!”
3. "I’m tired of pretending I’m not a total bitchin’ rock star from Mars."
4. "You can’t process me with a normal brain."
5. “If you borrowed my brain for five seconds, you’d be like, ‘Dude! Can’t handle it, unplug this bastard!’ "It fires in a way that’s maybe not from, uh… this terrestrial realm.”
6. "I was banging seven-gram rocks, because that’s how I roll. I have one speed, I have one gear: Go."
7. "Can't is the cancer of happening."
8. “Wow. What does that mean? I’m bi-WINNING.”
9. “I am battle-tested bayonets, bro.”
10. “I’m so tired of pretending my life isn’t perfect and bitching and just winning every second and I’m not perfect and bitchin’.”
11. “Look what I’m dealing with, man, I’m dealing with fools and trolls.”
12. “It’s just strafing runs in my underwear before my first cup of coffee, because I don’t have time for these clowns.”
13. “You have the right to kill me, but you do not have the right to judge me. Boom. That’s the whole movie. That’s life.”
14. “I’m sorry man, I got magic and I’ve got poetry in my fingertips, you know, most of the time, and this includes naps."
15. "I’m an F-18, bro.”
16. “I’m not Thomas Jefferson. He was a pussy.”
17. "I am on a drug, it's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
18. "I'm bi-winning."
19. "There’s a new sheriff in town. And he has an army of assassins.”
20. "The run I was on made Sinatra, Flynn, Jagger, Richards, all of them look like droopy-eyed armless children."
21. "The only thing I’m addicted to right now is winning.”
22. "I wish him nothing but pain in his silly travels especially if they wind up in my octagon. Clearly I have defeated this earthworm with my words -- imagine what I would have done with my fire breathing fists.
23. "[CBS] picked a fight with a warlock."
24. "If you’re a part of my family, I will love you violently."
25. "Winning."
26. "I will not believe that if I do something then I have to follow a certain path because it was written for normal people. People who aren’t special. People who don’t have tiger blood and Adonis DNA."
27. "C’mon bro, I won best picture at 20. I wasn’t even trying. I wasn’t even warm."
28. "Winning."
29. "Bring me Dr. Clown shoes."

On that note how ‘bout your dose of…

RANDOM CRAP!

- ‘T. Jack’ needs a job.
- Chris Sims, the Internet(s) foremost ‘Batmanologist’, was on the Daily Show. Now for those that don’t know Mr. Sims used to write my favorite all-time blog, Chris’s Invincible Super Blog, and now is one of the main writers at Comic Alliance dot com. I missed the episode, but have vowed to watch his segment on the web this weekend.
- I’m going to try and ‘get back out there’ starting next week. I’m bound and determined to shake off this funk, grieve appropriately, and move on with life.
- Three Musketeers are the bomb-diggity.
- They were playing a trivia game on the Powertrip this morning called Garage Band, I MUST OWN THIS. The game was really cool. It was a series of short descriptions or members of bands or group; you get four and then have answer. He or she who answers first wins.
- I picked up an extra set of tiles for both Castle Ravenloft & Wrath Of Ashardalon. I got some work done on my Domains Of Dread: Lamordia this week. I could really use another set of eyes on it though. Any takers?
- A week from tomorrow its Marvel SAGA Issue #3! I had an epiphany regarding a dangling plot thread from our last game that will tie together a future story.

I think I’m done today…WINNING!

“I've been to this place before
I'm fighting a silent war with you
I've carried this cross for too long

Nailed to my body bleeding
And off of my blood you're feeding
You buried your thorns around my bed

Memories of caterwaul
Resound against the hand of violence
Randomly decides the fate of man
While inside your callous dreams I'm banging
on the gates of sorrow
Trying to find a way to understand

You think the truth will set you free
While you're still rotting here with me
Your subtle adaptation
Was my extermination
And now your lies have conquered me

You think the past will come alive
And with that hopeless faith you strive
My fate's beyond selection
Your flaws beyond correction
Only the weakest will survive

You think the truth will set you free
I'll test your idle prophecy
Your lies are all recessive
My truth is retrogressive
More than you're likely to foresee”



* = It's true...

2 comments:

  1. Someone in the office has fried chicken and now I want fried chicken.

    P.S. You know I love you and am always willing to help with your funk. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. - Wings today, Fried Chicken SOON!

    - My funk is VERY funky. I know you love me and I appreciate our 'talk' yesterday. It really helped.

    ReplyDelete