Friday, March 18, 2011

Friday’s Are For WINNING!

Are you WINNING? Well if you're reading this the answer should be a resounding 'YES'!

PAINTING MINI’S!

Last week I met my goal and exceeded it; 20 miniatures completed. This week I’ve got 32 almost done, I’ve got 6 goblin worg riders & a crazy looking ‘Priest’ of Torog that Cassandra is going to finish for me. Last night I busted out a TON of minis while watching the NCAA tourney. Friday I’ll flock the bases and Sunday it’s time to seal. I think next week I’m going to slow back down, and just try to get ten done since I was a bit fried by the time I was done last night.

MST3K CAVE DWELLERS!

How much Keefe is in this movie? Miles O’Keefe! This is seriously in my top five episodes of all time. It’s that fantastic.

NCAA TOURNEY!

YEAH MARCH MADNESS! Sure Morehead State screwed my bracket yesterday by whackin’ Louisville, but there is NOTHING better than the tourney. There are so many upsets, so much drama, and the best format in all of sports. It truly the last gasp of goodness before the Sporting Abyss.

INTERN 'LADY MACBETH' ON THE POWERTRIP!

The Powertrip is one of the only ways I get through the mornings Monday through Friday. It’s crass, it’s funny, and a lot of time it’s dominated by how “hony” ‘Superstar’ Mike Morris, Chris Hawky, & ‘Meatsauce’ are, Intern Beth has superseded them all. First of all she’s pretty damn funny, she looks good, and she is the filthiest person on that show. Just listening to her describe what she wants to do to Marissa Miller was FANTASIC, pun intended. The Powertrip is the best show on ‘The Fan’, but when ‘Sauce’ & Beth are on with the regular crew of ‘Star’, C-Hawk, & Sludge the show becomes must listen to radio from 6am to 9am.

HOK THE MIGHTY!

My subscription to Planet Stories from Paizo has been wonderful; it really is worth the money. That being said I received another Manly Wade Wellman collection, Hok The Mighty. It’s a collection of ‘Caveman’ stories, and they are incredible. I feel lucky to have been introduced to Mr. Wellman’s works and can’t wait to share them with others.

How ‘bout that

RANDOM CRAP!

- I’m interested in seeing ‘Paul’. How could you go wrong with Simon Pegg & Nick Frost? HOW!?
- Adrian Peterson is an idiot comparing the NFL labor situation to Slavery. I mean that is one of the stupidest things I have heard in sometime, and I hang on The Sheen’s every deluded word. So imagine how amazed I was when I heard Rashard Mendenhall made an even dumber statement by latching on to Peterson insanity. THEN the moron insulted those who disagreed by saying we were ignorant. I officially hate this guy now and will actively wish for his career to end. As for Peterson I have to say that I’ve lost a lot of respect for the man, so much so I’m not sure I can continue to root for him. Overall this situation has put me in a spot were I may just give up the NFL all together. If these two sides can’t get this done then I think I’m just going to invest my time fully to College Football and give up the NFL.
- Sausage Egg McMuffins are like the ambrosia of the gawds.
- Cassandra picked up Garage Band for me. It’s a music trivia game that the guys on the Powertrip play. It is incredible. I can’t wait to pit my novice knowledge against heavyweights like Mike & Dave.
- I busted my hump to get the Marvel SAGA Wiki (Obsidian Portal) page updated with all the session notes this week. It ended up being like 20 same pages of word single-spaced.
- Darren Afronsky bailed on The Wolverine movie sequel. He claims he didn’t want to be in Japan for a year on a rigid shooting schedule. I just think he had no desire to try and save a floundering movie franchise. Oh and he feared Radiation poisoning. In all seriousness the situation in Japan is really just beyond my feeble ability to understand. If you sit down and read all of the information it just reinforces how insignificant we are.

I just don’t have anything else…

“Silent as we wait for sundown
Laying in the seeds of glory
Softly under water screaming
Waking up my eyes are bleeding

Father haunts me with his warning
Chorus in the fields of morning
Fortress of the dawn in fading
Through the trees I feel him wait for me

Thoughts fly free but my minds not there
In the chorus of another world
The forest of another world
My head is in another world
And slowly it haunts you

The chorus of another world
The forest of another world
My head is in another world
And slowly it takes you away

Time to rise from the dream
As the energy seems to scream all around
Timeless vale shields the ground
But the rise of his coming fire knows no bounds

Can't you feel him rising
Chorus sings so strong
Summoning for baptizing
Spring temples shake the sky and the ground
When the energy that you've found knows no bounds

I was cast from heaven
Rather be free in hell

Rising up from spring temples
Soon I'll rule Earth as well, in your dreams
As the energy seems to scream all around”

3 comments:

  1. Cassandra picked up Garage Band for me. It’s a music trivia game that the guys on the Powertrip play. It is incredible. I can’t wait to pit my novice knowledge against heavyweights like Mike & Dave.

    YOU AND MIKE WILL BE CRUSHED!!!...well maybe not mike, or even you...maybe I should stop now before I have to eat these words.

    Idiots always refer to slay-very when they don't get their way. I'm still gonna watch the NFL, because I always root for the underdogs and the Vikings are always the underdog...and everyone else is Simon Bar Sinister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I don't know I think I WILL be crushed. You are sick smart in Music & Mike has a mega-brain for facts. I am really excited to 'bust it out'.
    Nice. My day is complete with your Simon Bar Sinister reference.
    Oh, yes she is, and she's F-I-L-T-H-Y-!

    ReplyDelete