Friday, August 5, 2011
Animal House Vs. Master & Commander
* = It's true, but today it's probably more hype than anything.
You know the drill.
MAN OF STEEL!
I was VERY sketchy about this, and still am to a degree, BUT this picture has at least made me forget some of my worries. This is very iconic looking.
Big dumb fun anyone?
DARK KNIGHT RISES!
Last week there was a ton of Batman fighting Bane pictures out there, all of which looked ok, but none really blew me away. I’m sad to say if this is the final version of Catwoman we get I’ll be disappointed. So far I’m just relying on Nolan to bring the BIG to the flick. He hasn’t let me down yet.
LEGEND OF DRIZZT!
So another D&D Adventure System game is on the horizon. I have said it over and over again, I love these games. I will be picking this one up. I still would like to be able to throw together my Domains Of Dread: Lamordia campaign for Castle Ravenloft (The first game in the series), but requires help, and currently I'm bereft of that.
PATHFINDER PREPAINTED MINIS!
So with the demise of DDM & with Reaper's Legendary Encounters coming out as infrequently as Bryant McKinnie missing a meal, Wizkids & Paizo have united to come out with a new line of prepainted fantasty, i.e. Pathfinder, minis. I'm not totally sold just yet as Wizkids can be sloppy with the paint and inconsistent with the scale, BUT having another prepaint fantasy company that is promising CHEAP minis is never a bad thing. I think the example so far aren't that bad, but could use the DIP Treatment to highlight the depth and darken the obnoxiously bright colors. Thoughts?
“I wear a Stetson now. Stetsons are cool.” I know it’s not that long to wait, but damn it’s going to be an eternity for me. This season hasn’t had quiet the fairy tale vibe last season had, with the exception of the Gaiman penned ‘The Doctor’s Wife’. Instead it’s been more of the classic sci-fi. There isn’t much on television I love more than Doctor Who!
It’s the end of the week, I feel like shite, so I’m going to give you what you want, what you deserve, I’m going to give you…
- Terraclips came out Wed. I impatiently await my copies to arrive in the mail. I’m very impatient.
- Tomorrow I’m hoping to bust out Conquest Of Nerath with Ant. I haven’t had a chance to play this one since I purchased it. I’ve read very good things about it, and let’s face it, it’s a little guys on a board game built around D&D so the chances of me not liking it are pretty slim.
- Ninjadorg, who is a man amongst boys in making mods for the D&D Adventure Game System on Board Game Geek dot com, is coming up with his own game. You can follow is progress, which is VERY impressive, on his blog;
It's fantastic stuff.
- If I knew a comic artist out there, I have a fantasy tale to tell.
- Good riddance to bad rubbish with McKinnie. It's amazing that a guy with that much natural talent literally ate himself out of the league.
- I finished another Eberron book the other day. Tim Waggoner’s ‘Thieves Of Blood’ (**** out of 5) was extremely entertaining. So far I’m finding the Eberron books decently accessible, very pulpy, and a nice change up from the normal ‘high’ fantasy stuff. It’s a good and bad scenario, the bad is both novels I’ve read are the first parts of trilogies, the good part is both were VERY self-contained.
- Donut Star is incredible.
- Tonight we are going to go visit Dave post backiotomy. I talked to him last night and he was on cognitive delay from the pain meds. It’s funny but I was really worried about him. Now I feel a lot less stress over it, but I still want to just hang out with him and make sure he’s all right. I know, I know I’m super gay.
Is it time to go home yet?
”Forged by the crow-mage from shards of darkness
Honed by the half-breed to vorpal sharpness
The bastards blade...
Bane of the demon lord
Slayer of the spider-priests
Spiller of the silver blood
Fragments of bore infused with purest steel
A warrior's hand and a wizard's mind to wield
Killer of Lor avenging the accursed
Gathering knowledge, quenching deadly thirst”
* = Indeed!