Thursday, October 27, 2011

Invasion Of The Body Snatchers Vs. Outbreak


* = This one kids is 'bout the Interweb(s)...

I figured since tomorrow would be an extreme NO GO for blogging I better get my weekly quota met, otherwise I would lose this week’s on-going blog battle with Heidi. Oh for the record 'Hides' I’ve been cruising at approximately two blogs a week now for a while, WHERE YOU AT SON?

I didn’t get to watch Captain America last night as I planned due to the need to do some pre-Red Carpet Halloween cleaning. I did however get something else done…

FAKE SPORTS NEWS!

- So I ended the regular season at 11 & 1. I’m in contention for the Heisman, my brother is ranked in the top five Quarterbacks in the country, & Anthony is one of the top rated Defensive Ends.
- On a depressing note Pat J., my mercurial Left Tackle, is on a two game academic suspension, this came on the heels of him being named the best Freshman Offensive Lineman in the country. Oh the drama.
- I was able to sign THREE of my in-season recruits. Two of which were in the top 8 Defensive Tackles in the country. I also grabbed the #4 ranked Right Defensive End. So next season my D-Line will be INSANE!
- Next up is a trip to St. Louis for the Big Twelve Title Game against 10 & 1 Oklahoma. KU is now ranked 10th in the nation while Oklahoma sits at #6.
- We need LSU to lose the SEC title game in order to hopefully find a way to sneak into the National Title Game. That would also take some sort of loss or flub by Notre Dame, Michigan, & West Virginia.
- Currently the bowl projection has KU vs. Utah in the Fiesta Bowl.
- On the field we knocked off both K-State & Missouri in blowouts, although the Missouri game was close in the third due to ‘Mighty’ Mike fumbling three times & Sean throwing two HORRIBLE interceptions. So we turned the ball over 5 times and STILL won by 30.

See I kept it short this time. I do have to say though the more I play the game the more in love I am with the versatility in the audibles, the ability to shift the blocking schemes, the pass rushing Defensive Line stunts, and generally the ability to operate the offense in the no huddle. Being in the no huddle allows me to keep a defense in personnel groups that are advantageous, and since I’ve got a duel threat quarterback I can basically score at will. That is as long as I’m not a turnover machine.

Enough pretend football… For now.

Today I did a tad of the ‘Fazebook(s)’ culling. It’s not that I don’t like some of these people; it’s just that I knew them when they were someone else. Most of them being folks that I grew up with. I just find that if you can’t go a few days without spewing your political and/or religious diatribe then I’m not sure we should be fake internet friends anymore. See the reality is I get enough of that crap all the time in ‘real’ life. I don’t need that seeping into this fake existence we’ve all constructed online. So if you REALLY love you some ‘Big J.C.’, hate gays, hate Obama, are super into the Tea Party, are clinging to your guns and bibles with the white knuckled rage of a 1,000 blazing suns, sending me bible verses, hate all Republicans, love(s) you some rich people, etc. then I’m probably just going to cut you off from my sweet, sweet Internet(s) attention. It’s taken me a long time to learn that people change. We evolve, and become who we are in each moment. I’m happy to see these folks are living, loving, learning, and growing even if I don’t care for whom they’ve become or what they believe in.

I like to think of this as my ‘Kelley Defense’. You see I know my ex is out there, she’s most likely successful, happy, and well-adjusted. She’s bettered herself; she’s grown, and in my imagination found the peace of mind that I could not give her. I’m happy for her. That being said I don’t need to know about it. We don’t need to chat, I don’t need to see pictures, and we most likely will never be friends. Those two people who were together, had a hasty marriage, and a disastrous divorce, they really don’t exist anymore. They’re akin to ghosts.

So when I get to see folks with whom I shared a childhood with online doing what it is they do, by and large I’m not that interested. That being said there are folks, who I may or may not agree with on a great many of things, with which I will always have a connection with. I care about what Steve Gilpin is doing. Whenever I get to chat with ‘Pita’ either on the phone or via scathing e-mail it’s a joy. Chris C. and I will always be ‘boys’ no matter what. ‘Doctor’ Matt is someone who I wish I hung out with more. Melanie S. and I will always be able to laugh over soupy mashed potatoes. Melissa C. is just the cat’s meow. Jimmy John S., Larry S., Justin F., Eddie E., Curtis N., both Brian D.’s, Joey C., Webb M., and Ryan S., are all folks whom I would drop what I’m doing to try and make time to talk with them. There is a lot of water under those bridges, a lot of built up equity. I owe these people. They are fundamental to who I was, which is the building blocks of who I have become. Sometimes I miss those people. I miss them a lot, but then I remember those days are done, they are simply chapters to occasionally be fondly revisited, laughs to be had in the confines of a kitchen at weddings, funerals, and vacations.

We can’t go back. There is no TARDIS for us to magically step back and be ‘THAT’ again. We are here, we are now, and we must live in that. And in that I choose to not argue religion, social issues, or politics on the internet(s) because I have more important things to argue on same said world wide web; music, comics, RPG’s, video games, genre movies and T.V., etc. So when you put me in that position, understand that you A) had better be able to explain yourself if I think highly enough of you to have that debate or B) be prepared to be ignored, because life is just too damn short.

Look at that! I managed to be insulting and moderately profound all in one post. I think that deserves some…

RANDOM CRAP!

- I’m nervous about Saturday. I want to have fun, but I’m just not feeling it the way I normally do. I’m really not sure why. Maybe it’s stuff going on, maybe it’s just the ‘Year Of Suck’ that is 2011, maybe it’s the theme, I’m really not sure. I guess I’m just going to have to step up my game and FORCE myself to have a good time.
- I really N-E-E-D to watch Captain America: First Avenger as soon as possible.
- Tomorrow after I complete my required duties I’m taking my lovely wife to the ultimate place of joy and happiness in ‘The Cloud’. That’s right I’m taking her to ASIAN HOUSE! I know that Ant might not be able to join us, and that makes me sad, but I feel it is my husbandly duty to show her the magic that is ASIAN HOUSE! If I haven’t explained it well enough let me just put it out there again, just so you know; ASIAN HOUSE!
- Speaking of Cassandra and food, she made her first ‘All By Myself’ Chili last weekend. I’m finishing the last of it off right now. It was/is really delicious. Is it my Chili? Nope. That being said it’s damn good, and I look forward to having it again and again.
- It looks like the ‘Old School’ D&D group will be meeting again in mid-November. I’ve had to rethink the next part of their ‘story’ a bit. In fact I’m going to elongate it a bit. Oh I’m still going to go forward with my initial plan, but I’m breaking it into more than one session, giving it some gravitas. I want some build up before the shit hits the fan.
- On all three of the ‘Pick ‘Em’ boards for the NFL that I play on I’ve dropped down into the 95%. It’s sad since for a while there I was in the 99% nationwide in three boards. I need a BIG weekend to get my swagger back.
- I heard on the radio today that Louisville might be looking to leave the Big East and join the Big Twelve. With the confirmed addition of TCU, the possibility of Louisville, why would they not invite Boise State? The rumor is/was that Boise State was going to go to the Big East, well the Big East is effectively DEAD with Syracuse & Pittsburg running off to the ACC, and Louisville now looking to go to the Big Twelve. So it just makes sense that the Broncos join a B.C.S. conference and where better than the Big Twelve? Oh and before I forget, F’ You Missouri.
- I heard a rumor that there is a Hardee’s in Rogers now. Perhaps tomorrow morning on the way to ‘The Cloud’ there might be a breakfast stop in order?
- As soon as Halloween and all it’s insanity is over I’m going to get back to getting some painting done. I have a hope to get back to ten a week.
- This year I’m not going to rule out grilling in the snow. I’m not sure I could go back to non-grilled chicken after a spring, summer, and fall of flavor explosions.

And with that I think I’m done. Oh and a coda here, if I offended you, especially if you’re just someone who breezes in and out of my life and therefore uses THE Blog as a place to ‘check in’, get over it. I’m just putting my feelings, thoughts, and ideas to ‘paper’. It’s an organization of the voices in my head. If you want to be upset about it, then do so elsewhere. Thanks in advance…

“I can't seem to face up to the facts
I'm tense and nervous and I
Can't relax
I can't sleep 'cause my bed's on fire
Don't touch me I'm a real live wire

Psycho Killer
Qu'est-ce que c'est
fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa far better
Run run run run run run run away
Psycho Killer
Qu'est-ce que c'est
fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa far better
Run run run run run run run away

You start a conversation you can't even finish it.
You're talkin' a lot, but you're not sayin' anything.
When I have nothing to say, my lips are sealed.
Say something once, why say it again?

Psycho Killer,
Qu'est-ce que c'est
fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa far better
Run run run run run run run away
Psycho Killer
Qu'est-ce que c'est
fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa far better
Run run run run run run run away

Ce que j'ai fais, ce soir la
Ce qu'elle a dit, ce soir la
Realisant mon espoir
Je me lance, vers la gloire ... OK
We are vain and we are blind
I hate people when they're not polite

Psycho Killer,
Qu'est-ce que c'est
fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa far better
Run run run run run run run away
Psycho Killer,
Qu'est-ce que c'est
fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa far better
Run run run run run run run away
oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh....”



* = SWANSON!

4 comments:

  1. Is that a challenge? You better step down son. You gonna get burned!

    Oh wait, I suck at talking smack, and I've posted to my blog once in like the last month...

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you threw out that 'challenge' a few months ago, I've just kept up my bit of 'da fight'.
    Think of your blogs as quality over my quantity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and a coda here, if I offended you, especially if you’re just someone who breezes in and out of my life and therefore uses THE Blog as a place to ‘check in’, get over it. I’m just putting my feelings, thoughts, and ideas to ‘paper’. It’s an organization of the voices in my head. If you want to be upset about it, then do so elsewhere. Thanks in advance…


    I don't want to start an argument here, but that is a very "Dylan" statement.
    I assume you will disagree, but then, that's why we'll discuss it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. D.,
    I think we've hit this interesting point ad nasuem in a more current blog. I just want to point out that it's an astute observation and I appreciate your candor.

    ReplyDelete