Tuesday, August 13, 2013
The Angry Red Planet Vs. The Girl From S.I.N.
* = I live by this mantra on a daily basis. In fact it might be the back bone of my personal philosphy. Tuesdays should be drug out into the street and systematically beaten like the dogs they are! That last part was for you Steve Miller!
Some days it’s hard to find a way to start off a blog, especially when you are knee deep in some surliness, and I don’t mean the delicious beer. Rather than give into my more negative natural tendencies though I’m going to endeavor to do the opposite of my mood and instead attempt to be positive and highlight some things that are hopefully worth your attention. Let’s be honest if you read this drivel then they most likely are, SO let’s get on with the POSITIVITY!
It was another week, and yet Skull & Shackles has done been all previewed out, but fear not oh lovers of pre-painted miniatures Wizkids & Paizo are throwing us into the deep end of the pool with Legends Of Golarion. Skull & Shackles hits I believe this week, and the follow up Legends hits in October. I know, my wallet is in a tad bit of shock as well. I get the reasoning of production catching up and that if the market bears it then why not, but less than a three month turn around on sets, especially at what their charging seems a bit quick. So bear that in mind as I go through this second grouping of miniatures.
Sunday Cassandra and I watched the documentary Lemmy (**** ½ out of 5).
I also sat down and watched The H-Men (*** out of 5) the other night.
Let’s put this baby to bed with some….
- Jamaal Charles got carted off at Chief’s camp, and the crap luck continues. I guess this means Andy “The Stache” Reid doesn’t even have to pretend he’s going to run the ball now. Get your head down Alex Smith it could be a long season.
- I got some painting done Saturday, and I hope to finish some more tonight. I could use a good relaxing session of painting to take the edge off of what was a day of irritations.
- On the Ebay I was able to track down some Playmobil Pirate ships on the cheap and they should be here in the next 5 days. Hopefully these will be perfect for the 2nd D&D Group’s high adventures at sea. I’m really hoping to give that game a totally different vibe than either of the other two games, and one way is push the envelope with combat at sea. I’m also hoping it will continue to capture that group’s love of jumping on or over stuff.
- Dungeon Roll came in the mail and it looks like the wait was TOTALLY worth it. I haven’t played it yet, but it looks fantastic. So excited to give it a go.
I think that’s all I got today, maybe this week.
Pop 'em down
Hear the sounds
Struggle not to be free
Tell us all what you see
Can you sense that we're here
You'll be fine
As you're sucked back in time
Are the walls of the house fading in, fading out?
Are you near?
Are you far?
Can you tell where you are?
Are you free?
Can you see everything?
Is it black?
Is it gone?
Can you sense what's beyond?
Take a step further back
Just a peek through the crack
Are they dead or awake?